Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tony Modica Show/AM 930
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I listened for a little bit today as they were giving away tickets to the Armada game Saturday.

First, I cannot believe this guy has been on the air for this many years. He is a bumbling fool.

Second, I have not heard one caller. Which makes me believe, he has no listeners.

Which then makes me wonder how his show stays on the air.

Yep --- this dude (Modica) sets Jacksonville back 20 years.  His sidekick is just as bad, if not worse.

It has to be $$ --- sometimes I listen to him just to feel better about my life.

I've heard a few callers in the past and it appears they all have the same genetic makeup.

I don't understand how or why Prisco was shown the door for him. Prisco had his annoying ways but at least he was knowledgeable about football and was entertaining in the process. I would rather toss my radio out of the window than to listen to anything Modica has to say.
Quote:I don't understand how or why Prisco was shown the door for him. Prisco had his annoying ways but at least he was knowledgeable about football and was entertaining in the process. I would rather toss my radio out of the window than to listen to anything Modica has to say.

Agreed. Wish 1010 would boot Hacker and give Prisco the 12-3 slot.
Quote:I don't understand how or why Prisco was shown the door for him. Prisco had his annoying ways but at least he was knowledgeable about football and was entertaining in the process. I would rather toss my radio out of the window than to listen to anything Modica has to say.
$$$
Quote:Agreed. Wish 1010 would boot Hacker and give Prisco the 12-3 slot.
It's not that easy. It's all about getting sponsors. Prisco has been asked to come on at 1010 in some capacity but doesn't want to/doesn't have the time for that amount of leg work.
Sounds like Modica was finally put out of his misery.

No longer on the 930 programming schedule.

http://sportsradiojax.iheart.com/onair/

Looks like they also got rid of Steve CZaben who kinda sucked but replaced him with a guy who's speaks at volume ten100% of the time and has a voice only tolerable in small doses.  Also looks like they have an Armada soccer show that lasts 0 minutes which should be interesting.  

I didn't mind the Czaban show during football season. The new show sucks. Found that out this morning when I switched from 1010XL Masters talk.

Does anyone still carry Rome?  Or is the better question, does anyone still listen to Rome?

IMO he was the beginning of the end of intelligent, civil sports debate.  Then it became all about being cute with your "take."

Quote:Does anyone still carry Rome?  Or is the better question, does anyone still listen to Rome?

IMO he was the beginning of the end of intelligent, civil sports debate.  Then it became all about being cute with your "take."

Completely agree. He ushered in the era of chest thumping takes and yelling and screaming and morons. And once he left ESPN, he basically disappeared.
Haven't listened to Rome in 5 years or more. He has all his cute little nicknames and bashes any athlete who doesn't do his show then praises all the ones who do.

Anyone remember Jim Everett going over the table into Rome and taking him to the ground. Everett gave the little twerp all the time in the world to make amends but the squirt didn't do it. After the take down Rome looked like he crapped his pants.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:Haven't listened to Rome in 5 years or more. He has all his cute little nicknames and bashes any athlete who doesn't do his show then praises all the ones who do.

Anyone remember Jim Everett going over the table into Rome and taking him to the ground. Everett gave the little twerp all the time in the world to make amends but the squirt didn't do it. After the take down Rome looked like he crapped his pants.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

[Image: jim-rome-chris-everett-o.gif]
That was staged

thank heavens Modica is gone

that guy is the WORST

Quote:That was staged

I remember seeing it after it happened and after seeing the look on Rome's and Everett's faces, I don't think it was staged.

I still look it up on youtube from time to time.

It was a great moment in TV sports talk radio.

Another reason I don't think it was fake was because Rome actually apologized (later on) for calling Jim Everett, Chrisie Everett.
Quote:thank heavens Modica is gone

that guy is the WORST

I think 930 is now down to one local show too. The Armada show with Cole Pepper.

Kind of sad for the station that was one of the first in the format over 20 years ago.
Quote:thank heavens Modica is gone

that guy is the WORST
Is he really? When was his last day?
Quote:I remember seeing it after it happened and after seeing the look on Rome's and Everett's faces, I don't think it was staged.

I still look it up on youtube from time to time.

It was a great moment in TV sports talk radio.

Another reason I don't think it was fake was because Rome actually apologized (later on) for calling Jim Everett, Chrisie Everett.
Chris