Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brain Williams, I Misremembered?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well what do you know, another member of the MSM caught lying just for the sake of lying. I'm sorry, misremembering the facts is the official excuse. Just another example of why I believe next to nothing reported by the media anymore.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/nbc-s-bri...t-1.327792

The Lame Stream media don't care about facts anymore

I am pretending to be outraged as well

Quote:I am pretending to be outraged as well

Exactly.  Seriously, the guy wanted to puff up his ego and make it sound like he was in the line of fire.  The guy lied, can we all move on now?
Goes to witness credibility Your Honor.

I can't believe he can build up the nerve to say he "misremembered". I might "misremember" bringing my lunch to work, or what time I had to be somewhere. I don't see how anyone could "misremember" being shot down by a missle while in a helicopter in the middle of a war.

I'd have more respect for him if he just said he lied about it.

This "misremeberance" of a time he once was shot down while in a helicopter helped him land his current $10 million dollar gig.

Quote:I can't believe he can build up the nerve to say he "misremembered". I might "misremember" bringing my lunch to work, or what time I had to be somewhere. I don't see how anyone could "misremember" being shot down by a missle while in a helicopter in the middle of a war.

I'd have more respect for him if he just said he lied about it.

This "misremeberance" of a time he once was shot down while in a helicopter helped him land his current $10 million dollar gig.

He was playing Call of Duty, he got REALLY into it and then in his memory he fused the time he was in a helicopter with the time on Call of Duty his helicopter got shot down! It's totally legit! Laughing
Quote:Exactly.  Seriously, the guy wanted to puff up his ego and make it sound like he was in the line of fire.  The guy lied, can we all move on now?

Except he's a member of the media and what they report is taken at face value by the masses. So when one of them (I don't care who) is caught red handed lying about an event it needs to be a big deal. His creditability SHOULD be tarnished he should be removed from the networks, what else has he lied about?
Quote:Except he's a member of the media and what they report is taken at face value by the masses. So when one of them (I don't care who) is caught red handed lying about an event it needs to be a big deal. His creditability SHOULD be tarnished he should be removed from the networks, what else has he lied about?

We all know he lied....so if that news organization wants him to keeping working there, the easiest thing to do is stop watching them.

Everybody wants to act so mad when these types of happen, when in reality if you didnt want it to, it will never affect your life.

Again, he lied because he wanted to sound cool and a "legit" journalist that everyone could trust.  He got caught.  I'm moving on. 
Quote:We all know he lied....so if that news organization wants him to keeping working there, the easiest thing to do is stop watching them.

Everybody wants to act so mad when these types of happen, when in reality if you didnt want it to, it will never affect your life.

Again, he lied because he wanted to sound cool and a "legit" journalist that everyone could trust.  He got caught.  I'm moving on. 

Who's mad?
Quote:Who's mad?
No more mad then when the right wing media does it
I'm confused when has anyone mentioned Brian Williams political affiliation? The point is another member of the mainstream media ( non partisan) is caught red handed lying and then repeating that lie for years.

I get it no one watches NBC so what's the big deal.....
Quote:I'm confused when has anyone mentioned Brian Williams political affiliation? The point is another member of the mainstream media ( non partisan) is caught red handed lying and then repeating that lie for years.

I get it no one watches NBC so what's the big deal.....
I guess my point was more I'm not mad when the MSM of any kind lies, embellished or "misremembers". I assume it's pretty much par for the course. 
Personally I'm shocked that someone in the news media would lie.  

This is the same network that rigged a fiery GM pickup truck crash, and edited the George Zimmerman 911 call

Interestingly, Hillary Clinton did the same thing and it was quickly "hushed up".  Doesn't anyone find it odd that the far left tends to dislike the military, yet they intentionally lie to make people think that they are somehow "connected" to that very same military?

Media carries with it a credibility that is totally undeserved. You have all experienced this, in what I call the Murray Gell-Mann Amnesia effect. (I call it by this name because I once discussed it with Murray Gell-Mann, and by dropping a famous name I imply greater importance to myself, and to the effect, than it would otherwise have.)

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward-reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

-- Michael Crichton

Quote:This is the same network that rigged a fiery GM pickup truck crash, and edited the George Zimmerman 911 call

Find me one news network that has not gotten in trouble for misrepresenting the truth

Quote:Find me one news network that has not gotten in trouble for misrepresenting the truth

And here is where the problem lies and we should all be outraged.  The media in a perfect world would/should provide we the people with just the facts as they occurred to allow us to formulate our own conclusion.  Instead they misrepresent the facts, report only partial facts and outright lie to manipulate we the people to think as they deem we should.  The media in my opinion should be the common mans eyes and ears acting as a watch dog for what our elected officials are up to and not as part of that establishment.
Quote:And here is where the problem lies and we should all be outraged.  The media in a perfect world would/should provide we the people with just the facts as they occurred to allow us to formulate our own conclusion.  Instead they misrepresent the facts, report only partial facts and outright lie to manipulate we the people to think as they deem we should.  The media in my opinion should be the common mans eyes and ears acting as a watch dog for what our elected officials are up to and not as part of that establishment.

Much of what you read in the newspaper is from the Associated Press and they function pretty much as you desire.

And while we are on the subject of media bashing - so what sources do you use? Where are these perfect entities that are run by people who never make mistakes, either in fact or in judgement?

Everything has been politicized. If it doesn't fit a worldview it must be slanted. And someone must be intentionally slanting it. It has to be a conspiracy. Otherwise the "facts" would confirm my world view.

And that's the way it is (RIP, Walter)
Pages: 1 2 3