Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dick Lebeau hired by the titans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They are going Leonard Williams at 2.
Could be a career saving move by the Wiz assuming he gives Lebeau the ability to make changes to the defense and assuming Wiz gets his offense back under control.
Quote:They are going Leonard Williams at 2.

I can't say that with confidence. Everyone could get the can if the offense doesn't improve. What is the fastest way to jump start an offense? Bring in a new QB. Do you think this staff will hitch its wagon to a late round QB like Mett?
I thought he just flat out retired.

I think the signing of Dick LeBeau is more of a signal that the Titans trade down with the Jets and get someone other than Leonard Williams. A trade with the Jets will most likely yield a 2nd and still allow the Titans to sign Danny Shelton - NT - Washington or Shane Ray with Pick 5.

Shelton plus another Top 5 - Rd 2 pick may be worth more than Leonard Williams to the Titans roster.

I also think this is a signal that Derrick Morgan will be re-signed soon.

So I think this is more of a signal that Leonard Williams will not be the Titans pick.

So the question is whether Leonard Williams will be the Jags Pick?

How does signing a DC mean anything?  

Well, if they go Williams, we go Gregory. They go Gregory, we go Williams. They go QB, we go Williams. No matter what we should get one of the two guys we want.

Quote:How does signing a DC mean anything?  

Exactly.

Hiring a 77 year old as an assistant coach isn't going to change their draft strategy.
Quote:Well, if they go Williams, we go Gregory. They go Gregory, we go Williams. They go QB, we go Williams. No matter what we should get one of the two guys we want.

I don't know... they go Williams, and a QB is available... the trades could be lucrative.  
Quote:I don't know... they go Williams, and a QB is available... the trades could be lucrative.  

Good point. I hadn't considered that.
Quote:I thought he just flat out retired.

Seriously? Dick LeBeau said when he left the Steelers he was not retiring.

I thought he was going to replace Todd Bowles in Arizona. Bruce Arians used to work with him in Pittsburgh.
Quote:I think the signing of Dick LeBeau is more of a signal that the Titans trade down with the Jets and get someone other than Leonard Williams. A trade with the Jets will most likely yield a 2nd and still allow the Titans to sign Danny Shelton - NT - Washington or Shane Ray with Pick 5.

Shelton plus another Top 5 - Rd 2 pick may be worth more than Leonard Williams to the Titans roster.

I also think this is a signal that Derrick Morgan will be re-signed soon.

So I think this is more of a signal that Leonard Williams will not be the Titans pick.

So the question is whether Leonard Williams will be the Jags pick?

The Jets are #6 in the first round FYI. The Redskins have the #5 pick.

I don't think getting a better DC automatically results in picking a defensive lineman in the first round. How many teams draft a defensive player first after hiring a defensive coordinator?

The answer to your question may have absolutely nothing to do with the Titans. For all we know it could be an offensive player.
LeBeau hasn't quite adapted to the quick passing game.  His defense is predicated on creative blitzing schemes.  Now that teams are going 4 & 5  wide, the creative blitz packages have been negated by quick routes.

I'm not very concerned about the hire unless the Jags are going to revert to the JDR offense in which we run tight formations and call predictable plays.
We lose again
Quote:http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogp...s&id=12339

GRRRRRRRRR
I need the TMD take right now:

"tinhorns make another brilliant move after hiring Wisenhunt, this combined with them drafting Mariotta will make them dominate us for years to come. Did you see how Lebeau took Blake to school last year..." I miss TMD.
Quote:I need the TMD take right now:

"tinhorns make another brilliant move after hiring Wisenhunt, this combined with them drafting Mariotta will make them dominate us for years to come. Did you see how Lebeau took Blake to school last year..." I miss TMD.

Lebeau has made a career of feasting on young quaterbacks. Which he'll have an opportunity to do 4 times a year with Bortles and Savage.
The talent he is working with in Tennessee is nowhere near what he's had with the Steelers in the past.

Quote:The talent he is working with in Tennessee is nowhere near what he's had with the Steelers in the past.

That's the thing. What's he going to do now that he doesn't have Polamalu to cover up so many sins? Not saying that he can't make do without him, but it will be interesting to watch how he does.
Quote:That's the thing. What's he going to do now that he doesn't have Polamalu to cover up so many sins? Not saying that he can't make do without him, but it will be interesting to watch how he does.

They had to bring back semi retired players this year just to make it work....that was an aging defense, and Polamalu sometimes hurts more than helps now a days..and the guy still pulled off a decent defense.  

I'm fighting my own arguement....lol.  The guy is good, I just don't know how good he will be in a new place with new coaches and players.