Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The best and worst Super Bowl commercials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/super-bow...d=28663653

I pretty much agree with the majority of this list. What were your best/worst favorites?
Didn't see any commercials, but a lot of people have been talking about the T-Mobile "Sorry, it's a boy" commercial being pretty bad.  

Best: I enjoyed the Snickers and Skittles commercials.

Worst: Every commercial attempting to play on emotions. I mean seriously there were like 3-4 separate, "Hey dads, be a dad," and they were all from different companies.

The Make Safe Happen ad from Nationwide insurance was a buzz kill, as was the one concerning domestic violence (the 911 pizza order), though it was well done.

Was it Toyota that did the centenarians commercial? I liked that one.

I wish Coke had one. Theirs are always good.

I liked the Jeep commercial.

That Loctite commercial got in the list of favorites?? I thought that one was awful!

The Nationwide one with the kid that died was terrible too...although the memes coming out after the game killed me! It had a pic of the little boy with the caption "Lynch, I'd have caught that pass...but I died" so not appropriate...but it was awesome!!!
Quote:Was it Toyota that did the centenarians commercial? I liked that one.

That was for Dodge....and I love that one too. I also liked the Fiat little blue pill one!!!
Quote:Best: I enjoyed the Snickers and Skittles commercials.

Worst: Every commercial attempting to play on emotions. I mean seriously there were like 3-4 separate, "Hey dads, be a dad," and they were all from different companies.

Yea way too much sappy crap. Look at these kids with no legs, boo hoo. Shut up and do something funny
Quote:Was it Toyota that did the centenarians commercial? I liked that one.

Coke had one, though I cannot begin to describe it. Its basic message was if Coke (the soda) gets into our electronics, the world becomes a wonderful place.

Or something like that.
What did you all think of the "like a girl" commercial?

Quote:The Make Safe Happen ad from Nationwide insurance was a buzz kill, as was the one concerning domestic violence (the 911 pizza order), though it was well done.

The domestic violence commercial was strategically placed in the slot so it can capture the most people. Right as the half ended and before the halting show.

I looked at it as a stunt, but the NFL would have gotten more respect if it showed the commercial at least a half dozen times.
The funniest one to me was the Liam Neeson phone commercial.
Quote:The funniest one to me was the Liam Neeson phone commercial.
That one was the best as far as funny went. 

I always love the Clydesdales. 

The Fiat was amusing and the Dodge one was pretty cool.

Loctite, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that and been very happy. 

I'm thankful the halftime show was what it was. Kids watch this stuff and I'd rather them see happy trees, beach balls and sharks than half naked folks. The bikinis the girls wore were tasteful. I'm not a prude but I don't believe in throwing adult themes in kid's faces. The house I was at had a 5 year old girl watching and I would have cringed if there'd been raunchy or more adult themed stuff going on. As it was she was dancing around the living room with the happy trees, beach balls and sharks. 
I did also like the Kia one with Pierce Brosnan. I thought it was clever. And I'd love to have that mountain cabin!

Quote:What did you all think of the "like a girl" commercial?

I'm pretty sure I saw that video on youtube or something several months ago.

I really barely remember the commercials, and didn't really care for any of them I did see.  The Nationwide commercial didn't hold my interest long enough to figure it out.  One I particularly hated was the Doritos commercial where the guy was on a plane.
Quote:Loctite, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that and been very happy. 

I'm thankful the halftime show was what it was. Kids watch this stuff and I'd rather them see happy trees, beach balls and sharks than half naked folks. The bikinis the girls wore were tasteful. I'm not a prude but I don't believe in throwing adult themes in kid's faces. The house I was at had a 5 year old girl watching and I would have cringed if there'd been raunchy or more adult themed stuff going on. As it was she was dancing around the living room with the happy trees, beach balls and sharks. 

I was looking forward to watching Katy Perry and she did not disappoint me. Bbut when the fireworks went off, I wondered why they were planned because it is impossible to know weeks in advance the roof will be open.
Quote:I'm pretty sure I saw that video on youtube or something several months ago.

I really barely remember the commercials, and didn't really care for any of them I did see.  The Nationwide commercial didn't hold my interest long enough to figure it out.  One I particularly hated was the Doritos commercial where the guy was on a plane.

I always hated Dorito's commercials. They never do it right. One I did think was funny was esource or whatever it's called ordering a corn dog to leave the refrigerator.
Quote:I was looking forward to watching Katy Perry and she did not disappoint me. Bbut when the fireworks went off, I wondered why they were planned because it is impossible to know weeks in advance the roof will be open.
I'm not a fan of Katy Perry or the music genre she sings so I didn't know what to expect. After hearing the songs I realized the folks that choose the music played at the gym I go to REALLY like her as I recognized her songs they play there every single day.

I'm sure they had contingency plans for any weather scenario which would determine whether the roof was open or not. These people know what they're doing. I love fire works so I was happy to see them. It's one of only/about 5 things I miss about Jacksonville. They know how to put on some great fireworks displays for July 4th, New Years and Thanksgiving weekend for the lighting of the Christmas tree. 
Quote:I did also like the Kia one with Pierce Brosnan. I thought it was clever. And I'd love to have that mountain cabin!

There was a Pierce Brosnan Kia commercial?!?
Pages: 1 2