Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kitten Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you love cats as pets and agree adoption is the best way non-breeders can get them, you will love the Kitten Bowl. Like the Puppy Bowl, it is played to raise awareness about the pet overpopulation problem and get many animals adopted from shelters. Many "cathletes" are named after NFL players with feline variations such as Aaron Pawdgers and William "The Litterbox" Purry, so it is even more fun for football fans than other cat lovers. Penalties include illegal use of paws and fluffing the passer. Of course one of the toys available is a miniature football. Some kittens tailgate in the purrking lot. Like college football, it's a four team playoff. Kickoff is at 12:00 ET on the Hallmark Channel. For people like me who love both cats and football and have the Hallmark Channel, the three-hour Kitten Bowl is must-see TV.

For more information or just to see lots of adorable kittens playing, click here: http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/kitten-bowl

Meow

Quote:Meow

Lol
[Image: Bill_The_Cat_by_DaVinci73_zpsn8z5e3ep.jpg]

Quote:[Image: Bill_The_Cat_by_DaVinci73_zpsn8z5e3ep.jpg]

I've had days that have felt like that!! Lol
Quote:I've had days that have felt like that!! LOL

So far this is not one of them. Most of what I saw for three hours today was cuteness.

One of the kittens was Richard Purrman.
Quote:[Image: Bill_The_Cat_by_DaVinci73_zpsn8z5e3ep.jpg]

Ack!
Quote:Ack!

Don't worry; there were no "ack" moments in any of the games.
Sad fact: No cat team has ever won a Super Bowl.

Quote:Sad fact: No cat team has ever won a Super Bowl.

But two cat teams have been there.
Quote:Don't worry; there were no "ack" moments in any of the games.

You missed my reference. For fans of Bloom County, Drifter's picture resonates.
Quote:You missed my reference. For fans of Bloom County, Drifter's picture resonates.

I never heard of Bloom County.
Quote:I never heard of Bloom County.

As Yoda would say "... that is why you fail."
People actually watch this and the puppy bowl, huh?

Quote:People actually watch this and the puppy bowl, huh?

It depends on if I'm doing hallucinogens that day...

Depends on what type of puppies we're talking about. 
Quote:Depends on what type of puppies we're talking about.

Well played, sir.

In 2014, 13.5 million people watched the Puppy Bowl and 1 million people watched the Kitten Bowl.

I never watched the Puppy Bowl, but read it features only two teams and a kitten halftime show. That tells me unlike the KItten Bowl, it is just one game.
Did any other board members watch it? I know I am not the only cat lover here.

no mettion of the puppy bowl?

Pages: 1 2