Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offseason thoughts, musings, and ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How different would this team be if:

• Blaine Gabbert ended up as a top 10 QB instead of a bust

• Wayne Weaver never sold the team

• Wayne Weaver sold the team to Stan Kroneke and Khan purchased the Rams

• Tom Coughlin was never fired

• The Jags swept the tacks in '99 instead of the other way around

• The Jags drafted Russell Wilson instead of Anger

• The Jags drafted Terrell Suggs instead of Byron Leftwich

• The Jags drafted Big Ben instead of Reggie Williams

• The Jags drafted JPP instead of Tyson Alualu

• The Jags drafted Tim Tebow instead of Tyson Alualu

• Miami was in the AFC south instead of the Indy

• The blackouts of 09 never happened

• Blackmon never touched a joint or a bottle

• JDR was still the HC

• Gene Smith was still GM

• Khan hired Chip Kelly instead of Gus Bradley

Its amazing how one or two things that seem so trivial at the time can change the entire future of the franchise, for better or worse.
Don't forget what if McCardell was retained and bossali never got injured.
Glad we don't have chip
What if Dennis Northcutt caught that catch in 2008 in the playoffs against NE to take over that game? We win a superbowl. We dismantled the colts TWICE (which would've been our opponent in the AFC title game) that season. Then the bears would've destructed themselves due to crap QB play. Championship.
What if settlers never came to America and stayed in Europe and Africa? Amazingly dumb thread tho. Awesome.
What if I didn't drink that last beer last night...
What if i was a Lions fan instead
Quote:What if Dennis Northcutt caught that catch in 2008 in the playoffs against NE to take over that game? We win a superbowl. We dismantled the colts TWICE (which would've been our opponent in the AFC title game) that season. Then the bears would've destructed themselves due to crap QB play. Championship.

We would've played the Giants, not the Bears right?
This thread reminds me of a husband whose wife has just filed for divorce.

What if I had sent her flowers on her birthday?

What if I told her how nice she looked in that dress?

What if we had gone on that cruise she wanted to go on?

The ultimate loser thread.

Quote:How different would this team be if:

• JDR was still the HC

Its amazing how one or two things that seem so trivial at the time can change the entire future of the franchise, for better or worse.

Was any alcohol involved in the posting of all of these "what ifs"?

• JDR was still the HC

Let's hop in the Tardis and see!

-No data available.  No alternate universes where Blaine Gabbert is not a bust.

-Wayne Weaver never sells the team, then Gene Smith remains our General Manager.  Instead of hiring Mike Mularkey, he hires Eric Mangini.  That was a bad day.  Never want to live through THAT again

-The Los Angeles Jaguars change their name to the Los Angeles Leopards after Kroenke gives Wayne Weaver's charity a lot of money. 

-Giants never win a Super Bowl, Jags eventually DO fire Tom Coughlin anyway.

-Jaguars go 19-0, winning the Super Bowl.  The 72' dolphins don't get to crack open a bottle of bubbly, and nobody really cares when the Patriots try to do the same years later.  Th 99' Jaguars are held as one of the best teams of all time.  Coughlin doesn't get fired, and Jacksonville gains immense popularity.  League Rules are later made to favor them, and the Pats never have a dynasty.  Instead it's the Jags Dynasty, when Eli Manning demands to come to Jacksonville.  

-Wilson struggles in Jacksonville, but is remembered for being "better than Gabbert".  Meanwhile the Broncos were upset by the 49ers in the Super Bowl, as they won their 6th.  

-Not much changes, but the Jaguars do beat the Patriots in their perfect season!  

-Big Ben goes on to win a super bowl for the Jags the year that the Patriots went 16-0.  Unfortunately Shack Harris is still with the team, so they still trade up for Derrick Harvey.  And we're still in trouble.  Also Larry Fitzgerald has a ring.

-Jags do slightly better, but not enough.

-The Jaguars ticket sales are boosted!  6 more tickets sold than in the original timeline! We never draft Blaine Gabbert at least!  And he's instead drafted by Cincinnati, where Marvin Lewis has been fired since.  

-Jags win the AFC South one more time.  Luck is still a Colt, but everyone fondly remembers the years of Manning vs Brady twice a year, every year.

-Nobody makes fun of us for them!

-Bortles with Offensive Rookie of the year.  Jaguars win 4 games last year.

-Everyone would be calling for him to be fired.  Meanwhile Gus Bradley is the new coach of the Falcons, and the Raiders hired Mike Mularkey.

-Blaine Gabbert is still our QB.  Margus Hunt was our 1st round in 2013.  Our 2nd round pick was Ace Sanders.  Then in 2014 we picked Johnny Manziel.  It was a move pushed by Khan, who was starting to lose patience with Gene.  Manziel has a terrible first three games with us, as we BEG for Blaine Gabbert back.

-We'd all be freaking out over the idea of drafting Marcus Mariota.  
A lot of teams could say what if. I get the point you are trying to make, but not needed.

More of this? Let it go.
Quote:More of this? Let it go.
I swear I cant hear "Let it go" without picturing  Frozen Blush
Quote:I swear I cant hear "Let it go" without picturing Frozen Blush

Illuminati
Matt Jones decided that drugs were bad and just said no. He enjoys a hall of fame career and becomes the Larry Bird of number 1 receivers.
Couldn't we have tightened up that title by just writing "what if..."?

The current title makes it seem like there is some actual linear thought going on in here.

• JDR was still the HC

The only ones to me that stand out as a given is not firing Coughlin (that was the franchise's biggest mistake), JPP instead of Tyson (i think most fans felt that way the day of the draft), the tacks win wouldve only effected that one year.  I dont buy into the Indy is in our division and thus that is why the Jaguars stink, because competition usually drives players to compete harder.  I am not sold on Chip Kelly but Andy Reid was a given...

Funny how people dont remember how much Blackmon struggled on the team at times in his rookie year when he wasnt suspended, and Gene Smith was such a bad GM, Tebow isnt as bad as everybody says because he lead the Broncos to a win over the Steelers in the playoffs in his rookie year.. Blaine & Blake never did that... so keep hating i guess..

Nothing wouldve made Blaine Gabbert a top 10 QB sorry he just couldnt cut it as an NFL QB...

What ifs are so iffy!

I mean what if fans bought tickets (Sold out the place) cheered loudly at the right times, and supported the team as well as home as on the road... that could help too
Quote:The only ones to me that stand out as a given is not firing Coughlin (that was the franchise's biggest mistake), JPP instead of Tyson (i think most fans felt that way the day of the draft), the tacks win wouldve only effected that one year. I dont buy into the Indy is in our division and thus that is why the Jaguars stink, because competition usually drives players to compete harder. I am not sold on Chip Kelly but Andy Reid was a given...

Funny how people dont remember how much Blackmon struggled on the team at times in his rookie year when he wasnt suspended, and Gene Smith was such a bad GM, Tebow isnt as bad as everybody says because he lead the Broncos to a win over the Steelers in the playoffs in his rookie year.. Blaine & Blake never did that... so keep hating i guess..

Nothing wouldve made Blaine Gabbert a top 10 QB sorry he just couldnt cut it as an NFL QB...

What ifs are so iffy!

I mean what if fans bought tickets (Sold out the place) cheered loudly at the right times, and supported the team as well as home as on the road... that could help too
We would've been in the Super Bowl man. That's a pretty big deal the last time I checked.

• JDR was still the HC

I ran this through my simulator program and well.....you owe me a new computer as it was unable to process a possible Blaine Gabbert he good scenario.