Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Aaron Hernandez judge tells jury to stop watching Super Bowl if they hear his name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's hope Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, and Michele Tafoya know about this and don't say the name Aaron Hernandez all night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-mentioned

Quote:The 18 New England residents sitting on the jury in the murder trial of former Patriots star Aaron Hernandez will be allowed to watch the home team play in Sunday's Super Bowl, but the judge overseeing the case says they must leave the room if his name is mentioned.
They shouldn't be bringing him up on a night that's not about him any way.
Quote:They shouldn't be bringing him up on a night that's not about him anyway.

What they can do is say, "The last time the Patriots were in the Super Bowl . .  ." and say his name one time in reference to that while talking about Tom Brady.

Do you agree with the judge's order?
Quote:What they can do is say, "The last time the Patriots were in the Super Bowl . .  ." and say his name one time in reference to that while talking about Tom Brady.

Do you agree with the judge's order?

I don't have a problem with the order...that way the just can't be swayed one way or another.
They shouldnt bring up his name/case at all period. Its in the past and they have plenty of other things in the past to speak about. Given knowing the NFL and how things work they will do a whole half time show about him -_-

Quote:They shouldnt bring up his name/case at all period. Its in the past and they have plenty of other things in the past to speak about. Given knowing the NFL and how things work they will do a whole half time show about him -_-

I read somewhere, I think, that Brady's last Super Bowl touchdown was thrown to A. Hernandez. So, yes, it may come up.
Quote:I read somewhere, I think, that Brady's last Super Bowl touchdown was thrown to A. Hernandez. So, yes, it may come up.

That was in the article I posted a link to. If Al Michaels mentions that play I will feel bad for Patriots fans on the jury.
Quote:That was in the article I posted a link to. If Al Michaels mentions that play I will feel bad for Patriots fans on the jury.

They'll get over it. I assume they'll be allowed back into the room they are watching the game a reasonable time thereafter.