Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2015 New Starters on Jaguars special teams?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok how many new starters on Jaguars Special Teams? This includes Kicker,Punter,Kick Returner,Punt Returner and Long Snapper! I think definitely Punt returner Ace Sanders has really struggled. I also wouldn't be surprised if they find upgrade from Todman as Kick Returner! Thoughts?
KR
However. I wonder why Marquis Lee hasn't got a shot back there?
Yeah it's not like Marqise was playing much receiver before Allen Robinson injury.
Sanders for sure will be replaced.

Todman will only be replaced if he's cut in favor of a different running back in camp, imo. He's a solid kick returner.

Scobee's seat may be a little bit warm in camp, although I still don't think he'll be cut.

Anger might be in trouble. He had two punts block, his net average was down, his yards per return attempt were up, and his percentage of kicks placed inside the 20 tanked while his touchbacks rose. I'm not sure how stiff of competition the team will give him, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't face a legitimate challenger (mid-tier veteran or highly-ranked UDFA) in camp.

Tinker, well, um, I have no idea how to grade a long snapper, but he's young, he's cheap and he's reliable, so he's probably as safe as any other STer.

I do think Sanders is more than likely gone, Todman I believe will stick around more than likely but do feel he is in some danger.

Quote:Ok how many new starters on Jaguars Special Teams? This includes Kicker,Punter,Kick Returner,Punt Returner and Long Snapper! I think definitely Punt returner Ace Sanders has really struggled. I also wouldn't be surprised if they find upgrade from Todman as Kick Returner! Thoughts?
I was upset that Ace Sanders hurt the team by his off field actions, but he admitted his fault (which is big as many players lie to defend themselves of public shame).  I was sad to see that he did not return to the game playing at the same level or higher than he did the year before and he was on the bubble (in my mind at least) last season.  To have this poor of a performance in both Special Teams and as a WR I cant see them not cutting the guy, and bringing in someone else even undrafted to compete for the role of ST.  I felt Toddman did average as a returner / ST but he excelled at running back at certain times, but I think he's a free agent so not sure if he will be retained or sought out by another team with more money and respect as insentive to leave Jacksonville.  

I guess at least two starters on ST.
Quote:I do think Sanders is more than likely gone, Todman I believe will stick around more than likely but do feel he is in some danger.
I feel the danger of losing Toddman might be more from desire from other teams but not enough desire by GM Dave Caldwell to retain him unless Olson or the ast. HC steps in to validate his performance / ability.  After looking back and watching the entire season I felt he played just slightly worse than Denard Robinson but I felt he was less of a risk as Shoelace tends to miss blocks, fumbles, runs routes wrong, and drops balls at critical times.

If you had asked me prior to the start of this last season I wouldve said cut shoelace and retain Toddman, but after the sparks I've seen its a really tough call.  I think most would keep DR for another year and let Toddman test the FA waters hoping that they can resign him at a reasonble price.