Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Happy 85th Birthday to Gene Hackman, the most famous fan the Jaguars have ever had
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He's probably a Raider fan now. But at least for a few years, we had an Oscar winner cheering the team on.

Grantland did a pretty good recap of his career.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectu...in-charge/

The man is a legend.

Personally, my favorite role of Hackman's is probably Royal Tenenbaum.

I know that it may be a bit tired, but my favorite role of his is Coach Dale in Hoosiers.

The movie pivots around that character in such a great way.

I'm partial to The Replacements! I love that movie! Lol
I liked him in Behind Enemy Lines and Young Frankenstein and The French Connection

Quote:I'm partial to The Replacements! I love that movie! Lol

That's a movie that is bad but good. Always end up watching it if it comes on.
Quote:That's a movie that is bad but good. Always end up watching it if it comes on.

I know!! Cheesy is good sometimes!!
Quote:I'm partial to The Replacements! I love that movie! Lol

I'm just another duck on the pond.
Quote:I know that it may be a bit tired, but my favorite role of his is Coach Dale in Hoosiers.

The movie pivots around that character in such a great way.

Popeye Doyle for me.
Lets face it, Gene Hackman is a GREAT Actor

He has had a lot of great roles, but I can never forget his 5 minute cameo in Young Frankenstein!   "You're a mute!  An incredibly big mute."

Quote:He has had a lot of great roles, but I can never forget his 5 minute cameo in Young Frankenstein! "You're a mute! An incredibly big mute."

Smoke....good.
Quote:Popeye Doyle for me.

This, as well as Harry Caul in The Conversation. Understated brilliance.
Kinda got me thinking if there are any other famous people who are jags fans... I think danny mcbride was from middleburg or something, he may be a jags fan.

Anyway ... HBD hackman

Edit: danny mcbride is from statesboro... Just checked that one.
Happy Birthday!!!

Quote:Kinda got me thinking if there are any other famous people who are jags fans... I think danny mcbride was from middleburg or something, he may be a jags fan.

Anyway ... HBD hackman

Bill Murray is one too
Quote:Kinda got me thinking if there are any other famous people who are jags fans... I think danny mcbride was from middleburg or something, he may be a jags fan.

Anyway ... HBD hackman

Is there any merit to this?

He has the look of a middleburgian.
Quote:Bill Murray is one too
is a Jags fan? Man I knew I loved him lol