Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Plum LineOpinion In leaked audio, Republicans destroy their own public talking points on Obamacare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plu...91f60aeed3

The Post’s Mike DeBonis has obtained leaked audio of Republicans at a closed-door session airing serious anxieties about the GOP’s strategy to repeal and replace Obamacare. What’s remarkable is how decisively their specific comments in private undercut the party’s public, carefully-crafted talking points about the battle to come.
Quote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plu...91f60aeed3

The Post’s Mike DeBonis has obtained leaked audio of Republicans at a closed-door session airing serious anxieties about the GOP’s strategy to repeal and replace Obamacare. What’s remarkable is how decisively their specific comments in private undercut the party’s public, carefully-crafted talking points about the battle to come.

I blame Putin.

Ok...and? I don't remember anyone stating it was going to be easy to repeal and replace such a screwed up program. Unlike the Dems who pushed the law through without letting anyone know what was in it or even having the funding in place, Republicans sound like they are actually trying to hash out the pros and cons of individual items to decide what stays and what goes. They are also communicating the funding aspects of certain decisions. Good on them!  I know this type of debate and tiger team approach is a new concept to the Democrats, but hang on to your skirt, the ride is just starting!

The Emperor has no clue.
The fact that it irritates the monkey bunch on this message board proves President Trump has a plan in place and the right people to execute said plan to fulfill campaign promises and return the country back to its citizens.

Quote:I blame Putin.

You mean Trump's BFF
Quote:You mean Trump's BFF

No, I mean the guy who owned Obama.

Quote:The fact that it irritates the monkey bunch on this message board proves President Trump has a plan in place and the right people to execute said plan to fulfill campaign promises and return the country back to its citizens.

Do you see any flaw in the logic that anything Trump does that the left doesn't like should be good?

I'm being serious.

Are you that incapable of saying to yourself..  hmm..  maybe this wasn't a great move for one reason or another?  

Because this guy is proving over and over again these shoes are too big for him.
Quote:Do you see any flaw in the logic that anything Trump does that the left doesn't like should be good?

I'm being serious.

Are you that incapable of saying to yourself..  hmm..  maybe this wasn't a great move for one reason or another?  

Because this guy is proving over and over again these shoes are too big for him.

You ask about the left not liking it, have you honestly ever changed your stance on something just because the right thought it was a good idea?
Quote:Do you see any flaw in the logic that anything Trump does that the left doesn't like should be good?

I'm being serious.

The logic is unorthodox, but certainly not flawed. I love the fact that it irritates you and many others, especially the professional politician. Contrary to what you may believe, this government is not made of one entity. There are many checks and balances involved. With that said, the many meetings that are being held with various experts in their fields and the trust he is putting into his advisors is to be commended. As a business man, that is exactly what I expected from him. Your successes are never a solo effort! I can accept this type of modesty, can you?

Please enlighten us with an example of a failure that may support your claim of "shoes too big to fill". This country has been running around barefoot! I know all this is difficult for you to grasp after eight years of witnessing an inexperienced, arrogant, jackwagon that was quick to fire those that did not agree with him and his points of views, surround himself with yes men, and not to mention his "transparency".

And no I have not seen anything policy related that would make me question his direction. I do wish he would give up twitter baiting though. I'm being serious.

I'm being serious.

Are you that incapable of saying to yourself.. hmm.. maybe this wasn't a great move for one reason or another?

Please, give examples.

I'm being serious.

Do you see any flaw in your logic that everything Trump does is bad?
There's nothing embarrassing in that leaked audio.   I'm encouraged they're actually trying to think this through.   It's not as simple as a lot of people say, "Just repeal it."   Apparently, they realize it's a complicated issue. 

Quote:Do you see any flaw in your logic that everything Trump does is bad?

Flaws? My dear boy, those are features!
Sometimes, we can be glad that politicians don't actually mean what they say. 

I'm being serious.

Are you that incapable of saying to yourself.. hmm.. maybe this wasn't a great move for one reason or another?

"In <del>Gene</del> Trump we trust!"

What could possibly go wrong?