Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Greg Olson Live!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.jaguars.com/live/

Greg Olsen live with Shadrick and Oehser 1-1:30 PM!

Sounds like they aren't fully committed to the ZBS.  

Fine by me. 

Sounds like a talk show.

Quote:Sounds like they aren't fully committed to the ZBS.  

Fine by me. 

Him and Marrone will look at tape to see what would be the best fit. All I got out of it was they will do whatever it takes to make it work with Bortles. Greg Olson isn't bringing in his own playbook or anything, they might just build something new. I think we are moving in the right direction because most coordinators come in and say this is the playbook or scheme and this is what youll learn and execute. With Olson they will look at the offense overall and then decide how to run the offense which really stood out to me. Super excited. Im not for sure we will have a new RB next season, starter or not but we will have one and I hope its Gurley or Coleman. 

Quote:Sounds like they aren't fully committed to the ZBS.  

Fine by me. 
Definitely not fully committed. They are going to play to their players strengths. If thats ZBS... Then so be it. If its not, they will move on.
The ZBS is predicated on blocking areas/gaps.  We were great at that.  It was blocking the opponents that we struggled.

Tony, if you are reading this I'm just kidding.  Our OL was great and was only responsible for giving up 8 of our 73 sacks.

Every team in the NFL runs some form of ZBS or Gap. The funny thing is we have 1 back who is strong at ZBS, Denard and one who is strong at GAP, Toby.

Which form of blocking scheme did Joekel come from?

Quote:Every team in the NFL runs some form of ZBS or Gap. The funny thing is we have 1 back who is strong at ZBS, Denard and one who is strong at GAP, Toby.
. Well I think Gurley would fit GAP well or M Gordon would fit ZBS good!
I liked what I saw of David Johnson - RB - Northern Iowa, at the Senior Bowl.

I think he might be in the cards in Rd 4. I looked like a ZBS RB to me.