Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Starters on OFFENSE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How many new bodies end up on the starting roster on Offense?

Not sure how to do those polls that everyone puts up? Lol

RT

TE

FB

RB

WR
RT

LT

LG

WR

TE
RT

TE

WR
Quote:RT

TE

WR
^ this
RT

RB

WR

TE
RT

Quote:RT

TE

FB

RB

WR
which WR?  Blackmon?  That's all I could put together there.  The FA WR we signed, will be a back up.
I think you're looking at roughly three to four starters pending what all occurs during the draft.

RT -  Top priority - Need better pass protection over there to instill more confidence in Bortles

RB - Robinson was good last year - he's developing - however, if Caldwell decides to take a guy like Gurley or Gordon in RD2 he won't be the starter

TE - I don't think Lewis is coming back - Caldwell may end up getting a TE in RD2 or RD3 - Maybe a guy like O'Leary from FSU or that big kid out of USC

That's about it. I don't think you can really throw too much out there at the WR position. Shorts may not come back but your top three starters will be Robinson, Lee, and Hurns anyway. As much as I'd like to see Caldwell take Cooper with the 3rd overall pick, All the speculation right now is pointing is away from him. So we'll see.

I think you could maybe make a case for LG and C. Beadles wasn't all that great last year. I say C gets in the mix because if the staff feels that Bowanko has more upside than Beadles, they can always kick him out one spot over to the left, and then add a more seasoned or stout veteran to handle the line adjustments in the middle.

With that said. You almost DON'T want the line tampered with too much this year because it was so young and new that maybe they just needed to gel together for a season before getting it down for 2015. But that RT spot needs to be addressed. Not to get too far ahead either. But at this point, if Joeckel doesn't improve in 2015 - It may be time to replace him at the LT position in 2016 already unfortunately. Don't rule that out either. Similiar to the whole C/LG situation I mentioned above. If you've got a LT that can get it done. Just shuffle Luke over to RT, etc.

2 or 3.

Qb

Just kidding. RT TE and WR since shorts is gone.
Personally, I think we need a LT

Move Joekel to RT unless he's going to adhere to the article below outlining the 10 best steroid cycles ....

http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com/fo...hp?t=63548

The obvious answer is 3.7
Quote:which WR? Blackmon? That's all I could put together there. The FA WR we signed, will be a back up.

Whoever replaces Cecil as a starter.
Quote:Personally, I think we need a LT

Move Joekel to RT unless he's going to adhere to the article below outlining the 10 best steroid cycles ....

http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com/fo...hp?t=63548
However RT is generally your "power tackle". Usually tackles who have very good strength line up there, just lack the quick feet like LTs have.

TE

Until Marrone works out the oline i keep Pastor at RT, He was injured much of this year but was very good last year. Also Young looked the part replacing him.

RT and TE are the two most obvious.  WR is tough.  If Blackmon is good to go then he'll likely start opposite Robinson and then go to the slot in 3 WR sets with Lee on the outside.  I don't see any other O-lineman positions being changed.  RB probably stays the same with Shoelace as the starter.

Relative to how free agency and the draft goes....

but I'll take a stab at it.

On offense we will have 1 new starter.

RT - Bulaga or draft selection

All other Oline positions are pretty much set in stone for this season, I would think.

There won't be a new starting WR. Arob, Lee, and Hurns will be in those spots... I guess if you say they didn't "start" last year they could be new... but I'm not saying that. IF this team gets Cobb or another high profile WR he could start opposite of Arob... but I think if they let Shorts walk, they'll replace him with a cheap vet WR.

There won't be a new starting RB either. I fully expect this team to roll with Gerhart and Drob.

TE, won't be a new starter. If we draft a guy, he'll slide into TE2. I doubt we go after some big name TE like Julius Thomas. I'm willing to bet Lewis sticks around for at least one more season, possibly restructuring his contract... (if not he might end up in Oakland, and then we'll have 2 new starters)

Pages: 1 2 3