Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Income Inequality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-rig...=afterbell

I'm not sure I agree with what he says about the Keystone Pipeline, but I agree with what he says about income inequality. 

Quote:http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-rig...=afterbell

I'm not sure I agree with what he says about the Keystone Pipeline, but I agree with what he says about income inequality. 
I am immediately skeptical of his motives when is major idea is build a pipeline and get to fracking as the solution to income inequality. He, in essence, says it's a good thing because that's capitalism. Yes it's a good thing for a couple thousand people. The rest are screwed. 

I'm not sure what the solution is (not the the ultra wealthy would allow a real solution to be implemented) but I am pretty sure the one he proposed isn't a solution at all. Aren't people already worried (at best) about the current drop in oil prices because it would put American production out of business due to the current cost per barrel reach prices below our costs of extraction?
There isnt and shouldn't be a "solution" to income equality. It isnt a problem to be solved. Some people are simply worth more than others, that cannot be changed. We simply need to get government out of the way so each individual can strive to fulfill his potential as he sees fit.
Quote:There isnt and shouldn't be a "solution" to income equality. It isnt a problem to be solved. Some people are simply worth more than others, that cannot be changed. We simply need to get government out of the way so each individual can strive to fulfill his potential as he sees fit.

I think the role of government is to try to insure equal opportunity.   I do not think government should try to produce equal result.  
Quote:I think the role of government is to try to insure equal opportunity.   I do not think government should try to produce equal result.  

That's an excellent way to put it
Quote:That's an excellent way to put it
Indeed it was. Status quo isn't working for the VAST majority of America. The system is rigged that much is obvious. 
Quote:There isnt and shouldn't be a "solution" to income equality. It isnt a problem to be solved. Some people are simply worth more than others, that cannot be changed. We simply need to get government out of the way so each individual can strive to fulfill his potential as he sees fit.
The idea of getting government out of the way is simply flawed. What that line means is stop restricting mega corps from fleecing everyone from the lowly consumer to the small business owner. 

Completely disagree. It is a product of us becoming an Oligarchy. It certainly can be changed.
Quote:Completely disagree. It is a product of us becoming an Oligarchy. It certainly can be changed.
And should