Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Was this really a option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If we traded down from number 3 to where the bills were drafting, would we have Blake Bortles still there and drafted him then? It seems like a huge risk because if he isn't there it ruins the plan they had in place. I always thought he would have been there and we would have the Bills first rounder this year. Anyway I want to know what you guys think because I can't stop thinking about this, about having 2 first rounders this year and Blake Bortles. 

You can't stop thinking about that?

Hindsight is a cow and i doubt it

Per arians the cards had bortles as the highest rated qb on their board which suggests to me someone else might have snapped him up

after us we had the browns raiders and vikings not to mention tampa needing a qb

that's a huge risk

at the end of the day If bortles comes through he is worth it
No, it wasn't really an option.  Better now?

Quote:You can't stop thinking about that?

Well not like that, when I think about the draft yes.
No because the browns would have taken BB5 so it was not an option

Quote:No because the browns would have taken BB5 so it was not an option

Their coach is on record as saying if they stayed at 4 they would've taken Watkins. 
Quote:Their coach is on record as saying if they stayed at 4 they would've taken Watkins. 

Why wouldn't he say that with their sweet QB situation.

Quote:Why wouldn't he say that with their sweet QB situation.

Do you think the Browns coach has some kind of vendetta against Bortles and the Jaguars?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...nd_br.html

<p style="color:rgb(54,54,54);font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:16px;">BEREA, Ohio -- Browns coach Mike Pettine praised Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles today, but re-iterated that the Browns had no plans to draft him at No. 4 and was surprised the Jaguars took him at No. 3.

<p style="color:rgb(54,54,54);font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:16px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(54,54,54);font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:16px;">"I think it surprised a lot of people that he went there,'' Pettine said. "I think a lot of the league was surprised when you just kind of looked at the mocks and what was going on, and assessing who was going to take one. I thought they covered their tracks well. We knew that they liked him, thinking maybe, he could've potentially gone to them later in the draft, but he was a kid that was high on our board.''
No

Quote:Do you think the Browns coach has some kind of vendetta against Bortles and the Jaguars?

<p style="color:rgb(54,54,54);font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:16px;">BEREA, Ohio -- Browns coach Mike Pettine praised Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles today, but re-iterated that the Browns had no plans to draft him at No. 4 and was surprised the Jaguars took him at No. 3.

<p style="color:rgb(54,54,54);font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:16px;">"I think it surprised a lot of people that he went there,'' Pettine said. "I think a lot of the league was surprised when you just kind of looked at the mocks and what was going on, and assessing who was going to take one. I thought they covered their tracks well. We knew that they liked him, thinking maybe, he could've potentially gone to them later in the draft, but he was a kid that was high on our board.''

No, but after drafting Manziel, who is a complete bust, they want to save face.

Quote:No, but after drafting Manziel, who is a complete bust, they want to save face.

It's obviously early, but Justin Gilbert looked like a complete bust as well, losing snaps to CB's selected in the latter portion of the draft, they also publically questioned his commitment and work ethic. Yikes, they might be the first team in a loooooonnng time to miss on both 1st round picks in the same draft, hahahahaha, the factory of sadness continues.

Quote:It's obviously early, but Justin Gilbert looked like a complete bust as well, losing snaps to CB's selected in the latter portion of the draft, they also publically questioned his commitment and work ethic. Yikes, they might be the first team in a loooooonnng time to miss on both 1st round picks in the same draft, hahahahaha, the factory of sadness continues.

First team since... the Browns in 2012? (T-Rich and Weeden).
No, it was never an option. Someone else would have drafted Bortles before the Jags got another shot at him.

Quote:First team since... the Browns in 2012? (T-Rich and Weeden).

Hahahahahahaha, I forgot about that. My god I'd hate to be a Browns fan.
If you target a player, especially a QB whom you think can become your franchise QB, you don't risk it. They don't know what other teams boards look like.

Weeden wasn't a complete bust. At least he gave them like 2 months of hope. 

Quote:Do you think the Browns coach has some kind of vendetta against Bortles and the Jaguars?

That comes off more as a face saving move than anything else. 

In the end, it's completely irrelevant much like this subject.  Caldwell has said all along that Bortles was the guy they were targeting.  If they felt they could trade down and still get him they would have.  Clearly that didn't happen.  I'm feeling confident in saying it's okay for some folks here to move on from the 2014 draft. It's over. 

I can't stop thinking about not taking advantage of all the drunk chicks at 3am when I was back in college.

Bridgewater was really an option, I think we're going to regret that for years to come (not saying Bortles won't be good). Oh well.

Pages: 1 2