Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Very interesting look at how tar sands are mined
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was really interesting.   It's the other end of the Keystone Pipeline. 

No judgment, just facts. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/a...li=BBnb7Kz

Why would a guy with a personal interest in extracting oil using the method most likely to create pollution want to censor the EPA and scientists. Let me try to connect these dots.
What does President Trump and the EPA have to do with Canadian oil production methods and laws?

Quote:What does President Trump and the EPA have to do with Canadian oil production methods and laws?

Forget the food fight for just a minute and take a look at the slide show I linked. 
Quote:Forget the food fight for just a minute and take a look at the slide show I linked. 
Seen the oil fields in person. It is a mess, but one the US did not create, nor one we can change. Whether there is a Keystone extension or not, the Canadians will continue to produce. So what does the President and the EPA have to do with Canadian production methods and laws?
Oil is pretty messy.  I certainly dont want to live next to a refinery or mine.  And we wont have to.  The mining is contained in small areas.  Would I like it if all cars ran on water and we had no need for oil?  Yes. Is that going to happen?  No. And you don't see me or you or anybody else not driving their car to work every day.

I also don't want the government knocking on my door telling me I need to be "green" and turn my lights off at night because I'm destroying the planet.  I dont need Leo Dicaprio lecturing me and saying i should buy a hybrid and that there is no snow in the world anymore.  Please. I will not go along with that agenda.

Quote:Oil is pretty messy. I certainly dont want to live next to a refinery or mine. And we wont have to. The mining is contained in small areas. Would I like it if all cars ran on water and we had no need for oil? Yes. Is that going to happen? No. And you don't see me or you or anybody else not driving their car to work every day.

I also don't want the government knocking on my door telling me I need to be "green" and turn my lights off at night because I'm destroying the planet. I dont need Leo Dicaprio lecturing me and saying i should buy a hybrid and that there is no snow in the world anymore. Please. I will not go along with that agenda.

Gigantic straw man.
Quote:This was really interesting.   It's the other end of the Keystone Pipeline. 

No judgment, just facts. 

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/at-one-end-of-trumps-revived-keystone-xl-pipeline-theres-a-scene-you-must-see-to-believe/ss-AAmihk9?li=BBnb7Kz'>http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/at-one-end-of-trumps-revived-keystone-xl-pipeline-theres-a-scene-you-must-see-to-believe/ss-AAmihk9?li=BBnb7Kz</a>

That is interesting. And sad. I hate what our dependence on oil does to the environment.
Imagine what we could do in this country by "drill baby drill".  We could produce better results while being "kinder and gentler" to the environment.  Imagine if we could modernize and build better and more efficient refineries.  The last one was built way before many on this board were even born.  The only reason why new ones and better ones have not been built is because of regulation.

Replace regulation with (government impedance against innovation).

Imagine if we used the by-product of refining oil (natural gas) to power other things.  Natural gas can be used for many things including heating homes, heating water heaters, powering vehicles, etc.  Right now our refineries just burn it off as "waste" during the process.

This is actually a "green" solution that liberals always cry about.  It makes sense.  Utilize our current form of energy production to the max, rather than the wasteful way that we currently do it.  It doesn't get rid of "fossil fuels", something that liberals think is possible, but it does utilize and maximize what we already have.

Quote:Imagine what we could do in this country by "drill baby drill". We could produce better results while being "kinder and gentler" to the environment. Imagine if we could modernize and build better and more efficient refineries. The last one was built way before many on this board were even born. The only reason why new ones and better ones have not been built is because of regulation.

Imagine if we used the by-product of refining oil (natural gas) to power other things. Natural gas can be used for many things including heating homes, heating water heaters, powering vehicles, etc. Right now our refineries just burn it off as "waste" during the process.

This is actually a "green" solution that liberals always cry about. It makes sense. Utilize our current form of energy production to the max, rather than the wasteful way that we currently do it. It doesn't get rid of "fossil fuels", something that liberals think is possible, but it does utilize and maximize what we already have.

That oil is sold on the global market.
Quote:Imagine what we could do in this country by "drill baby drill".  We could produce better results while being "kinder and gentler" to the environment.  Imagine if we could modernize and build better and more efficient refineries.  The last one was built way before many on this board were even born.  The only reason why new ones and better ones have not been built is because of regulation.

Imagine if we used the by-product of refining oil (natural gas) to power other things.  Natural gas can be used for many things including heating homes, heating water heaters, powering vehicles, etc.  Right now our refineries just burn it off as "waste" during the process.

This is actually a "green" solution that liberals always cry about.  It makes sense.  Utilize our current form of energy production to the max, rather than the wasteful way that we currently do it.  It doesn't get rid of "fossil fuels", something that liberals think is possible, but it does utilize and maximize what we already have.

Good points, this forum is fueled by natural gas.
Quote:Oil is pretty messy.  I certainly dont want to live next to a refinery or mine.  And we wont have to.  The mining is contained in small areas. 

They would strip mine about 54,000 square miles of wilderness.