Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Straight Cash Homey!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I'm checking out my checking account balance online a few minutes ago and notice a pending charge from some auto shop in Chicago for $464. That's strange, haven't been to Chicago since 2011.

Yep, another dirtbag somehow gets ahold of my debit card info and now I have to fill out an affidavit at my credit union and wait a week or two for a refund. Really?

This is like the third or fourth debit card I've had now in the last two years. I'm considering getting cash out each paycheck and just go old school and use cash for everything going forward. I use bill payer to pay the bills which is sweet but everything else is either debit or credit but it doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Call me Randy Moss cuz I'm going straight cash homey! Anybody else dealing with identity theft around here? This is the third time for me in two years.
Never dealt with it, but I also don't use a debit card.

Never any really bad cases of it.  Just isolated incidents that the bank sorted out quickly. 

Recently, however, I swiped my card (for incidentals only) when checking into a hotel and was charged two days later for a two night stay on three separate rooms!  Took two days, but got it sorted.  Made me late on a legitimate payment though. 
Quote:Never any really bad cases of it. Just isolated incidents that the bank sorted out quickly.

Recently, however, I swiped my card (for incidentals only) when checking into a hotel and was charged two days later for a two night stay on three separate rooms! Took two days, but got it sorted. Made me late on a legitimate payment though.

Sounds like they owe you a free stay on your next visit.
Hendershot id close that account and any website you've used that card on consider it compromised.
That's horrible! 

We don't have a debit card, but my mom (after she passed away) had someone use her name on a paypal account, and ran up a bill of $4000.  And my mom was one of the MOST CAREFUL people about her bank account.  She wouldn't even bank online.   My dad got a letter in the mail one day saying mom owed that much money.  So I first contacted Paypal about it, and they were NO HELP WHATSOEVER.  I couldn't report it as fraud, because I didn't have the account or anything.  Luckily I was able to contact the debt company, and tell them that my mom passed away, and they said that it'd be closed out.  (it was a legitimate Debt company, because I looked them up online and everything, and the guy was really nice about it.  Originally I was going to have my father dispute the debt, but we didn't need to do that even)

Yeah, I'd say close out that account too.  Do whatever you can to protect yourself.  Identity fraud is way too easy for people to commit.

That's happened to me twice. The first time, it was my bank card and I was out over $500 until it got straitened out. Since then, I only use credit cards. It happened again, but this time I wasn't out any real money. And I just pay of the cards every month so I'm not paying interest. I think credit cards (and not ones tied to your bank account), are a bit better of an idea than carrying cash. You could be robbed or just lose it and you'll be permanently out that money.
I only use credit cards and occasionally I will get a call from the fraud department asking if I have used my card in Fresno, Calif. or Syracuse, N.Y. or something then I tell them I have not and they immediately cancel my card and send me a new one. Nowadays, I will just call my credit card company about twice per year and tell them I've lost the card so they issue me a new one.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

I use my rewards credit card for everything I can and just pay it off every month. Although I've never dealt with it, I hear that it's much easier to get credit card fraud resolved than debit card fraud. The rewards are a nice bonus as well.
Quote:I use my rewards credit card for everything I can and just pay it off every month. Although I've never dealt with it, I hear that it's much easier to get credit card fraud resolved than debit card fraud. The rewards are a nice bonus as well.

That's right, credit card debit is 100 times easier to classify as fraud and dispute then the bank sending money to a merchant for false charges and trying to retrieve that money.
Yea, pay everything with credit cards. If anyone even looks at your card funny you'll get a call from your bank.
My bank shuts my card down like twice a week. If anyone ever stole it I bet they'd give up pretty quick haha.
Quote:My bank shuts my card down like twice a week. If anyone ever stole it I bet they'd give up pretty quick haha.

And just as I say that... they shut it down over the weekend. I need to re-evaluate where I'm shopping.
Quote:And just as I say that... they shut it down over the weekend. I need to re-evaluate where I'm shopping.

What are you doing...trying to pay for your smack with a debit?? Lmbo
Quote:What are you doing...trying to pay for your smack with a debit?? Lmbo

I was buying Danish stuff. You know how they can be...