Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Just an observation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a newer member of the board, but a long time follower I have noticed a few things on here.

The first and foremost is that we are all jags fans and we are all upset with the product that has been on the field for a long time. Just take a deep breath, we are still alive.

As humans we all have our gripes,criticisms,thoughts,and we all are entitled different opinions on topics.

And thanks to the Men and Women serving this great country we are able to share our thoughts on boards like this one.

With that being said:

If a member makes a post, I've notice that other members (not pointing any fingers) will degrade and insult that member.

Guys and Gals we are all Jags.

Don't make it even harder on ourselves. If a person's opinion is wrong, don't call them stupid or insult them. If you don't agree with someone, provide an educated opinion or some facts to that person. Its like pointing out a problem and not providing a solution.

There is nothing worse than reading a well thought out post on here by a fellow jags fan and seeing him or her ripped and degraded. You may or may not know who that person outside this forum or what they do.

It comes to a simple as one golden rule.

Treat people the way you would want to be treated.

Just my .02 cents

Thanks you for reading and have a great day.
It's not going to change. I like to talk football like many others. Some kind of WANT to just argue. Whatever.

Go Jags
Yeah I agree some people just want to argue.
Quote:Yeah I agree some people just want to argue.

People also want to think they are smarter than everyone else.

The truth is there are different types of intelligence. People can be emotionally or socially stupid, but intellectually very smart.
I'm afraid it's way too late for the Golden Rule to be applied in here.

Just like the outside world, the Golden Rule has become an exception when applied, and not the norm, unfortunately.

Quote:I'm afraid it's way too late for the Golden Rule to be applied in here.

Just like the outside world, the Golden Rule has become an exception when applied, and not the norm, unfortunately.

LOL Pathetic. I am guilty of violating it many times, both here and offline, but unlike many people, I just treat others badly when I get mad at them. That is the "eye for an eye" rule - if someone treats you badly, do something bad to them.
Quote:LOL Pathetic. I am guilty of violating it many times, both here and offline, but unlike many people, I just treat others badly when I get mad at them. That is the "eye for an eye" rule - if someone treats you badly, do something bad to them.

An eye for an eye doesn't make you better than the other person. Turning the other cheek does.
Quote:As a newer member of the board, but a long time follower I have noticed a few things on here.

The first and foremost is that we are all jags fans and we are all upset with the product that has been on the field for a long time. Just take a deep breath, we are still alive.

As humans we all have our gripes,criticisms,thoughts,and we all are entitled different opinions on topics.

And thanks to the Men and Women serving this great country we are able to share our thoughts on boards like this one.

With that being said:

If a member makes a post, I've notice that other members (not pointing any fingers) will degrade and insult that member.

Guys and Gals we are all Jags.

Don't make it even harder on ourselves. If a person's opinion is wrong, don't call them stupid or insult them. If you don't agree with someone, provide an educated opinion or some facts to that person. Its like pointing out a problem and not providing a solution.

There is nothing worse than reading a well thought out post on here by a fellow jags fan and seeing him or her ripped and degraded. You may or may not know who that person outside this forum or what they do.

It comes to a simple as one golden rule.

Treat people the way you would want to be treated.

Just my .02 cents

Thanks you for reading and have a great day.

Sometimes I don't think people care how they are treated as long as their opinion is heard or they get the last word in. That's what our society is becoming. It's sad, really.

Welcome to the board.
This board is the same as the vast majority of sports, if not all, message boards on the internet. The political boards are just as bad, if not worse.
I think the question of "when someone is talking to you, are you really listening to them, or just waiting for them to stop talking so that you can tell them something?" applies to the board in a roundabout way.

In other words, a lot of times I feel like posters come on here to tell people things and to show how much smarter/more perceptive/unique they are instead of wanting to get into a real discussion.

I really like talking about football, and I like talking Jaguars football even more, but I want to have a discussion about it, not read how someone thinks they saw something that no one else is smart enough to pick up on.
Quote:I think the question of "when someone is talking to you, are you really listening to them, or just waiting for them to stop talking so that you can tell them something?" applies to the board in a roundabout way.

In other words, a lot of times I feel like posters come on here to tell people things and to show how much smarter/more perceptive/unique they are instead of wanting to get into a real discussion.

I really like talking about football, and I like talking Jaguars football even more, but I want to have a discussion about it, not read how someone thinks they saw something that no one else is smart enough to pick up on.
I just popped in to say I completely disagree with whatever it is you are talking about. Whatever Deacon.

Tongue
Quote:I just popped in to say I completely disagree with whatever it is you are talking about. Whatever Deacon.

Tongue

Ahhhh, the pop in.
Quote:An eye for an eye doesn't make you better than the other person. Turning the other cheek does.

The reason I don't turn the other cheek is that gives the person I am mad at the last word. Doesn't that make the other person appear better than me?

Of course I do ignore some people to avoid this situation. But for everyone else, I can't resist the urge to respond to a post I don't like.
Quote:The reason I don't turn the other cheek is that gives the person I am mad at the last word. Doesn't that make the other person appear better than me?

Of course I do ignore some people to avoid this situation. But for everyone else, I can't resist the urge to respond to a post I don't like.
Does it really matter though? Sometimes 'getting the last word' makes people look foolish or desperate. Or childish. I guess it depends on how badly one wants to be 'right'.

I learned a long time ago that being right is a matter of opinion and/or perspective and no matter how much you want to be right, if others don't see it that way, you're beating a dead horse.
Quote:Does it really matter though? Sometimes 'getting the last word' makes people look foolish or desperate. Or childish. I guess it depends on how badly one wants to be 'right.'

I learned a long time ago that being right is a matter of opinion and/or perspective and no matter how much you want to be right, if others don't see it that way, you're beating a dead horse.

So where is the dead horse?
Quote:I just popped in to say I completely disagree with whatever it is you are talking about. Whatever Deacon.

Tongue

Yeah?!?! Well your little quip made me think of A Kenny Rogers song that was featured in a movie that I thought was totally cool!

God! I'm glad I'm smarter than all of you sheople.
Quote:So where is the dead horse?

This kind of sums up my life.
Not even sure how to answer this so I'll leave it be for now.

It has been respectfully buried, for now anyway.
Quote:It has been respectfully buried, for now anyway.

Don't worry...it will be back!!