Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Bortles & the O-line improve as expected...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
10-6?

11=5?

Who would y'all like to face in the playoffs?

I want the clots just to knock them down a peg or two...

The future looks bright! :thumbsup:

Under Olsen I do not expect big improvement.

5-11.  Book it.  Gus gets replaced

Pitt. in Jax
I am expecting 5-11. If that. They're not fooling me this year like they did last offseason, not that anything they've done this offseason so far gives me confidence anyway.

Quote:I am expecting 5-11. If that. They're not fooling me this year like they did last offseason, not that anything they've done this offseason so far gives me confidence anyway.
so far? Lol. Free Agency hasn't even started, Marrone is a huge upgrade, and Olson definitely isn't a down grade from Fisch. I'll wait till free agency and the draft.
Quote:so far? Lol. Free Agency hasn't even started, Marrone is a huge upgrade, and Olson definitely isn't a down grade from Fisch. I'll wait till free agency and the draft.

The offseason is over!
Im expecting 8-8. With a lot of room for improvement and hopefully a strong running game with a stellar defense we will make the playoffs barely at 10-6. If we get better production from the 2014 draft class we will be alright. Peyton Manning and the Colts went 3-13 first year and in 2nd year they went 13-3. Im not saying we are ready for a 13-3 season but we will improve a lot. 

It's amazing how people can so definitively predict next season's record when free agency -- 60 million in space -- and the draft are still months away. Blows my mind.
Early last year Blake was putting up some great stats if you were to overlook the INTs, but you can't. As a result they pulled him way back until his stats resembled those of Henne and Gabbert, but he stopped throwing the INTs. As he grows learning how to not throw INTs, I'm expecting he'll return to his putting up those impressively high stats from his early days but without those gut-wrenching INTs. I'm sure it's just a matter of time for this to happen.

Ill say 6-10 is a realistic number.... although I could definitely see a higher win total if all the stars align properly

Quote:It's amazing how people can so definitively predict next season's record when free agency -- 60 million in space -- and the draft are still months away. Blows my mind.
Going by history this team will spend only a small portion of the cap money while hiring nobody's.
It doesn't matter to me what we get in free agency or in the draft.... we have a new offensive coordinator and a lot of youth so these things are bound to cause headaches at times and will ultimately cost us chances at winning more games.

I have a very hard time seeing given what we are dealt that this team makes .500 - that's a major stretch and extremely optimistic, but hey you never know

6-10 is a realistic number without knowing any offseason moves

I think 8-8 in order for the coaching staff not to get the boot, UNLESS we go like 6-10 but the majority of the losses are under 7 points

I think the team needs to hit at least 7-9 for Bradley to not get fired.

As far as predicting what the record will actually be . . . the Pro Bowl hasn't even been played from the current season . . .

[Image: e65.gif]

I think if we didn't do anything in the offseason, we would push toward 6-10. Young players improving is typically the reason teams get better. Add some nice free agent pieces and a couple high draft picks and I see us making a jump to the middle of the pack. We will probably finish 7-9 to 9-7 depends on how the close games fall.
Quote:Going by history this team will spend only a small portion of the cap money while hiring nobody's.

Going by history? You mean, going by what previous regime's did? Caldwell will spend this offseason, but those anticipating four-five big-name signings will be met with disappointment.

It's impossible for me to give an estimation of wins next season in the third week of January.
Considering if we had a competent OC who could adjust at halftime and make good play calls, with what we had this year we should have been 9-7. So next year i expect to be theh Divison champs, clots will not recover from the beatdown.

Quote:Under Olsen I do not expect big improvement.

5-11.  Book it.  Gus gets replaced
Olson... If you're going to bash the guy, at least spell his name right.

5-11 is hilarious since we are in JANUARY
Quote:I think 8-8 in order for the coaching staff not to get the boot, UNLESS we go like 6-10 but the majority of the losses are under 7 points

Agreed. We face the Colts twice a year. We've had to deal with Manning and now Luck. The team has to improve just to stay in the hunt let alone win division.

We all talk about crystal balls. If my crystal ball tells me the team wins 5 games next year...4,3,5 wins in three years... I would seriously consider my sanity in sitting in the stands again. Not exactly " Ready For More" .
depends on whether we get julius thomas
Pages: 1 2 3