Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Any chance Luck plays out his contract, then bolts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...right-now/

Just a thought. Seeing as he went to Stanford, he must be a pretty smart guy. Seeing the teams that this dismal front office put around Peyton and now the teams they have put around him in his 3rd year, I wonder if he just wants to play out his contract and bolt for another team. 

Indy won't let him walk. 

Luck made some horrible throws last night.  It's on him too.  He has good receivers.  Luck is probably the most overrated player in football.

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...right-now/

Just a thought. Seeing as he went to Stanford, he must be a pretty smart guy. Seeing the teams that this dismal front office put around Peyton and now the teams they have put around him in his 3rd year, I wonder if he just wants to play out his contract and bolt for another team. 

Irsay would have to be on major drugs to ever let that happen.....oh, wait.
Is this real life?

Stupid thread and wishful thinking.. Andrew Luck isn't leaving the AFC south anytime soon.
And what dismal teams did they put around Peyton or Luck? Peyton was in the playoffs almost every year and won a SB.. Luck is in the same position and has a offense loaded with young talent.. It's not like the cabinet is bare. It's not like they were put in a Archie Manning situation.
Quote:Luck made some horrible throws last night.  It's on him too.  He has good receivers.  Luck is probably the most overrated player in football.

He made it to the AFC championship game, he's not the most overrated player in football..the guy had a great season, and as much as it pains me to say it, he'll be back.
You guys are praying he will, but won't admit it  Laughing

It's creative thinking regarding what the OP hypothesized...  But this isn't the NBA.  What worked for Lebron isn't really plausable with the NFL players...  The clots could just keep franchise tagging him, but I doubt it even comes to that.  

We're basically seeing the future of the NFL...  The AFCS will become what the AFCE is right now, with Luck playing the brady role....  The one good news is that the front office and coaching of the clots I don't think is up to par with the pats.  So we still have a chance.

But luck ain't going anywhere

Quote:Luck made some horrible throws last night.  It's on him too.  He has good receivers.  Luck is probably the most overrated player in football.
He waxed J'ville though...
Luck is more like manning than people care to admit. Even his postseason blunders. Results however speak. They've improved each year. I expect them to hit a superbowl eventually.

I hope he leaves. But I can't see it, I do also agree they I can't see colts being a dynasty, to many bad front office personnel.

Luck will likely be a fantastic player.
Indy would never let him walk.

At least, not until he's in his mid-30's with a broken neck.

Quote:It's creative thinking regarding what the OP hypothesized...  But this isn't the NBA.  What worked for Lebron isn't really plausable with the NFL players...  The clots could just keep franchise tagging him, but I doubt it even comes to that.  

We're basically seeing the future of the NFL...  The AFCS will become what the AFCE is right now, with Luck playing the brady role....  The one good news is that the front office and coaching of the clots I don't think is up to par with the pats.  So we still have a chance.

But luck ain't going anywhere

The only reason why the AFC east is the way it is isn't just Brady, but more because of the ineptitude of the other 3 teams in the division, who have ran horrible organizations during the Pats'run.. The Colts are in a good place,because they have their QB in place.. As soon as one of our teams find their's this division will be more like the AFC north or any other division that has multiple quality QBs.

When you're rolling out Henne/Tannehill, Dirty (butt fumble) Sanchez/Genocide Smith, and whatever the hell the Bills roll out you don't stand much of a chance regardless if you're going against Tom Brady or not. Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston just have to take care of their own house and the rest will take of itself.
I can't see Luck doing it. It wouldn't be hard to do because of the way the franchise tag works now. I think it gets prohibitively expensive in the second or third season of using it. It's just that most players are way too greedy to pass up immediate big contracts just because they want to play somewhere else. He could do it I don't think he will, he'll show that winning isn't as important to him as the money is over his career, just like all professional football players.

It would be a good move for his career considering how backbreaking Indy can be. Just look at Peyton, he needed three surgeries to recover from all that carrying.

I hope they sign him to a mega deal that holds them back for years
Quote:I hope they sign him to a mega deal that holds them back for years
Whether he deserves it or not, Luck will become the highest paid player in NFL history
Clearly, he doesn't deserve it.
I hope he rides it out next year. Gets franchised tag and bolts after that season. I don't think the Colts are a fit for him. If he goes somewhere with a good defense he will be better off. He is from Stanford, he is a smart man.