Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Man unlikely to face charges after allegedly shooting police chief
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will make you shake your head

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-unlikely...ice-chief/

"The OSBI released Horton Thursday afternoon, saying there was not enough evidence to arrest him for the shooting. Investigators said an OSBI computer analyst determined the 911 calls did not come from Horton's home."

So they raided the house of a guy that didn't make the 911 calls, he didn't know they where officers and fired on what he thought was intruders and you think he should be charged?
How did he not know they were officers?

Quote:How did he not know they were officers?

You're in your house, minding your own business and not breaking any laws, all of a sudden your door gets broken down and people run into your house....are you going to ask questions or try to protect yourself and your love ones?
Shoot first, ask questions later

Quote:How did he not know they were officers?

They come in wearing black or camo and their announcement is a door ram or a flashbang.
Quote: 

"Don't know what he heard or didn't hear, screaming from five officers of the law announcing our presence, requesting to see hands," Ross told KWTV.

Somehow he didn't hear the five officers yelling at him saying they are the police and requesting hands up.

Quote: 

In the meantime, authorities were able to determine where the call came from.

Interesting this changed from the first article to a later one.....

I am surprised they let him go, there have been lots of cases where people fired at cops who raided their home on a no-knock warrant and were still arrested and charged. Perks of living in a small town I guess

Quote:Somehow he didn't hear the five officers yelling at him saying they are the police and requesting hands up.

Interesting this changed from the first article to a later one.....

I am surprised they let him go, there have been lots of cases where people fired at cops who raided their home on a no-knock warrant and were still arrested and charged. Perks of living in a small town I guess

When a gang busts down my door I ALWAYS believe their shouts and surrender, criminals never lie after all.

/sarc
Quote:When a gang busts down my door I ALWAYS believe their shouts and surrender, criminals never lie after all.

/sarc

And when they're actually cops you go to jail. The joy of no-knock warrants normally put the non-cop in a no-win situation. This guy is lucky as hell he hasn't/won't be charged when a lot of other people have been for these very similar instances
Quote:And when they're actually cops you go to jail. The joy of no-knock warrants normally put the non-cop in a no-win situation. This guy is lucky as hell he hasn't/won't be charged when a lot of other people have been for these very similar instances

Not in states with a Castle Doctrine, especially when the cops are in error.
Quote:Not in states with a Castle Doctrine, especially when the cops are in error.

You keep believing that.
Quote:You keep believing that.

The, uhhh, article in the original post seems to back my assertion.

Here's another: http://jonathanturley.org/2014/07/14/tex...nock-raid/

And here's why, these unconstitutional raids are becoming more frequent and more faulty:

http://www.businessinsider.com/9-horrify...012-2?op=1

Quote:You keep believing that.

Castle doctrine clearly states the right of an individual to defend their home. In the case of no-knock raids and especially when they raid the wrong home the owner is well within their rights to defend themselves from what is perceived as a threat.

Really the solution is to simply end these no-knock raids, it puts the police and the public in dangerous positions and leads to no win situations for everyone involved.
Quote:Really the solution is to simply end these no-knock raids, it puts the police and the public in dangerous positions and leads to no win situations for everyone involved.

This.
Quote:Castle doctrine clearly states the right of an individual to defend their home. In the case of no-knock raids and especially when they raid the wrong home the owner is well within their rights to defend themselves from what is perceived as a threat.

Really the solution is to simply end these no-knock raids, it puts the police and the public in dangerous positions and leads to no win situations for everyone involved.

Something everyone can agree on. Which means it has 0% chance of ever happening.
Quote:Something everyone can agree on. Which means it has 0% chance of ever happening.

Can't have their boot on your throat without them, ya know?

SWATter Responsible For Raid That Left Police Chief Shot Is Arrested in Oklahoma

Dallas Horton did what most American men would do when he heard someone break into his home: he grabbed a firearm and defended his family against the armed home invader he saw enter the room. Three on-target shots knocked down the home invader… who happened to be Sentinel, Oklahoma Police Chief Louis Ross, one of three law enforcement officers conducting a raid as the result of a bomb scare that seemed to emanate from Horton’s home.

http://bearingarms.com/swatter-responsib...n=baupdate

Quote:You're in your house, minding your own business and not breaking any laws, all of a sudden your door gets broken down and people run into your house....are you going to ask questions or try to protect yourself and your love ones?