Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tips for Insomnia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So does anyone here know any good tips for helping fight insomnia? I'd prefer one where I don't have to take a pill.
Petting a cat makes me go to sleep, but it does not keep me tired all night.

weed

Stop caffeine several hours before bed, and a cool, dark room is best for a good nights sleep.
3 fingers of good whiskey 20 minutes before bed

3 fingers of good whiskey 15 minutes before bed

3 fingers of good whiskey 10 minutes before bed

3 fingers of good whiskey 5 min..............................
Quote:Petting a cat makes me go to sleep, but it does not keep me tired all night.

[Image: tumblr_mwl84lk0131s19sn0o3_500.gif]
Do you have the tv on at night? My wife is always complaining about insomnia but she likes to leave a tv on. I'm always telling her turn the damn thing off and you'll fall asleep. I know for me if the stupid box is on I ended up watching it and forgetting to sleep.
Quote:Petting a cat makes me go to sleep, but it does not keep me tired all night.

Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting this answer.

Maybe if you kept on petting that cat until your arm got so tired that the rest of your body followed, that might keep you tired all night.
I used to have issues with insomnia when I was younger. I don't drink caffeine other than morning coffee and I quit smoking cigarettes a few years ago. Both of those were my two biggest drivers. 

From least effective to most. Tart Cherry juice, Camomile tea, Valerian tea, and melatonin can be found in several forms such as gummy bear. Exercising and drinking lots of water will naturally help,as well as avoiding fatty foods around the time you're trying to sleep. Obviously, alcoholic beverages work as well.
Watching Law & Order SVU puts me to sleep. If you've seen one you've seen them all.
Marijuana and all its health benefits.

Wow, that was the most risque thing you have ever said on this board.  

Pics or it didn't happen...Nevermind.
Season 2013, 2014 Jag Football on DVD.
Quote:Season 2013, 2014 Jag Football on DVD.
Beat me to it.

Try reading an old textbook...
I used to have insomnia when I would get stressed at work.  I don't know what your situation is, but I stopped having drinks the nights before I had big things at work and that helped.  I also regularly practice yoga and meditate, both which have been shown to help reduce stress and anxiety which as often associated with insomnia.  I also someone post tart cherry juice, I love that stuff and feel it doesn't hurt.  

[Image: 4cwIS5n.jpg]

[Image: robert-downey-jr.gif]

Would that be your own cat you are petting or someone else's cat?

You could be cat-watching someone else's cat or maybe it could be some neighborhood strange cat.
I take something at least once a week to sleep longer, but really the best thing (I've found beyond meds) is the widely published breathing exercises that help you slow your heart rate.

I'd look into that and also consider that more exercise during the day will make you more tired at night….

Pages: 1 2