Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Brandon Linder were on the Cowboys instead of Zack Martin, would he have made the probowl this year?
Probably.

Quote:If Brandon Linder were on the Cowboys instead of Zack Martin, would he have made the probowl this year?

I doubt it. Martin was a first round draft pick who was highly regarded coming out of Notre Dame. So Martin was on everybody's radar and played well so it was recognized. Linder would have taken most of the season just getting noticed as a third rounder playing well and wouldn't have received the same recognition and praise as a well known high draft pick.
Would Martin have made the probowl if he were on the Jags? Probably not.
It's easy to make the Pro Bowl if you play well and block for the league leading rusher on a playoff team. So yes.
The main reason why I ask this question is because Martin made the probowl this year.
I doubt it. Linder, imo, looked better than he played because he was frequently the only bright spot on the line. He'll get to that level, but if he were on a line as good as the Cowboys', he probably wouldn't have stood out like he did here. He'd definitely have started if Martin wasn't there, just probably not looked as superb with great talent around him.

Quote:I doubt it. Linder, IMO, looked better than he played because he was frequently the only bright spot on the line. He'll get to that level, but if he were on a line as good as the Cowboys', he probably wouldn't have stood out like he did here. He'd definitely have started if Martin wasn't there, just probably not looked as superb with great talent around him.

Good point. People would say he will always be a backup in Dallas.
Quote:It's easy to make the Pro Bowl if you play well and block for the league leading rusher on a playoff team. So yes.

...and if you're on the most popular team and the pro bowl is partly determined by fan voting. 
Doesnt matter how hot you are, if you're on the Jags and you arent playing a skill position and turning the NFL on its side, then you arent getting voted to the probowl. Point blank.

Linder was awesome this year, but Martin was better. He deserved it. Maybe they both deserved it over some other people instead, however. 

Quote:If Brandon Linder were on the Cowboys instead of Zack Martin, would he have made the probowl this year?

Ive noticed that the teams going into the post season tend to get more looks at probowl regardless of the whole big market.  The fact is if Linder was on the Cowboys and they had only 3 wins and statsitically were the worst oline in the NFL, Martin probably wouldnt have made it into the probowl regardless of the fact that he was a cowboy.
Doubt it.

NO.  Linder would have served a 4-game suspension.  Michael Irvin would have buddied up to Linder since he's from The U.  Irvin would have taken him to the white house (in Dallas), got him all coked up, and then Linder would have failed multiple drug tests.

Michael Irvin is a bad dude.  Good think Linder came to Jax.

Its possible, the cowboys are a very popular team and add in the player he would be blocking for.... I think it could have happened for Linder.