Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where are they now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know what former Jaguars are doing in retirement?

I know Keenan McCardell is a position coach, Jeff Lageman works for the team, Mark Brunell is a Jaguars commentator in preseason, and during games Fred Taylor talks in a studio. What about some others who played for Jacksonville?

John Henderson opened up a restaurant here in town, never been there though. http://www.bigjohnscrumpyswings.com/

I think Hugh Douglass is doing the CSI theme song.  "Who are you?  Who! Who!  I really want to know!  Who are you!"  

Quote:I think Hugh Douglass is doing the CSI theme song.  "Who are you?  Who! Who!  I really want to know!  Who are you!"

Who? :Woot:
Quote:Does anyone know what former Jaguars are doing in retirement?

I know Keenan McCardell is a position coach, Jeff Lageman works for the team, Mark Brunell is a Jaguars commentator in preseason, and during games Fred Taylor talks in a studio. What about some others who played for Jacksonville?
Brunell also works for ESPN and is the head coach at Episcopal High School in Jax.

- Tavian Banks is a trainer for collegiate and pro athletes at Xtreme Speed in Illinois. 

- The Jags also employ a number of other players as "ambassadors" mostly to foster relationships with season ticket holders and high end clientele in the luxury suites.  I met Bryan Barker this way at the Thurs. night game this year. Super nice guy. 

http://www.jaguars.com/foundation-commun...adors.html

Donavin Darius is running a conditioning school.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Mike Hollis once ran a company who resold stuff on Ebay but  I don't know if he continues to do that. I do know he is still in the area though because he comes into my business a few times a year.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

Quote:I think Hugh Douglass is doing the CSI theme song.  "Who are you?  Who! Who!  I really want to know!  Who are you!"  

lol, good ole Who Douglas.
Eugene Chung is a line coach for the K.C. Chiefs.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Seth Payne does a radio show in Houston. The guys on 1010xl have him on whenever it's Texans week.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:Mike Hollis once ran a company who resold stuff on Ebay but  I don't know if he continues to do that. I do know he is still in the area though because he comes into my business a few times a year.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

I went to his store once back in the day, 2007 maybe. He's a super nice guy. I was sad when I moved back from Germany and he was gone to New York.
Quote:John Henderson opened up a restaurant here in town, never been there though. http://www.bigjohnscrumpyswings.com/
It says on the website they have 20 years experience. So either they're lying or Henderson bought out an existing restaurant and renamed it. 
It says Whole Wings has been delighting customers for 20 years, not Crumpy's Wings....................they just opened last year I think.

Isn't it a chain kind of thing that they brought with them from their hometown?
Quote:It says Whole Wings has been delighting customers for 20 years, not Crumpy's Wings....................they just opened last year I think.
Ah I see, so it's more of a franchise. 

Quote:It says on the website they have 20 years experience. So either they're lying or Henderson bought out an existing restaurant and renamed it. 

It looks to me like the business started in Memphis 20 years ago and after retiring, John Henderson opened a new branch in Jacksonville.
Don Davey is a portfolio manager here in town.

Tony Brackens runs his own ranch adjacent to the ranch he grew up on that's run by his parents.

John Jurkovic has a talk show in Chicago.

Here's a list of some former Jags and what they're up to these days.

http://www.jaguars.com/foundation-commun...adors.html

The McManus info is old since he's not on 1010xl any longer. His book is being made into a movie though.
Quote:Ah I see, so it's more of a franchise.
It is. He knows the guy who started the franchise from his days at UT. He and his wife opened 2 Crumpys here in Jax about 3-4 years ago.
Isn't Kyle Brady a financial advisor and lawyer or something now working with players to make them smarter with their money?
Quote:Isn't Kyle Brady a financial advisor and lawyer or something now working with players to make them smarter with their money?

You mean a player agent?
Pages: 1 2