Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags quarterbacks coach Frank Scelfo to serve as offensive coordinator for Senior Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nior-bowl/

Looks like it wont be a quick of OC to get ready for Senior Bowl. Looks like they will take their time.

Good, I hope we are waiting for someone on a playoff team.
Should be the lowest scoring, most inept, offense in senior bowl history.

Scelfo is a good coach. Would be nice to retain him but doubt it.
Quote:Should be the lowest scoring, most inept, offense in senior bowl history.
Your schtick is getting rather trollish.
Quote:Your schtick is getting rather trollish.

As the team gets better, I assume so will the quality of trolling?
Quote:As the team gets better, I assume so will the quality of trolling?
Not from that particular poster.
Quote:Your schtick is getting rather trollish.

Imagine a life where that is what you do all day
Quote:Good, I hope we are waiting for someone on a playoff team.
So far everyone we've been linked to are from teams not in the playoffs.
Suggests that we might not hire a OC until after the Super Bowl.

Which is fine by me.  A thorough search is much better than just picking one.

It might also suggest this might be a defensive draft (though I'm sure we'll make some picks on Offense as well)

Quote:Imagine a life where that is what you do all day
Exactly.  This is what i think about when we are constantly hammered with non-sense from the usual suspects.  What a sad, pathetic waste of life.
im actually pretty excited to have our team coaching the senior bowl again. a lot of gems were found there last year. im hoping a lot more are found this year. i think this might bode well to land prewitt too and that guy can flat out play.

Quote:Should be the lowest scoring, most inept, offense in senior bowl history.
I was just about to put this guy  on my ignore list but saw he's banned.  Kudos to whichever mod did that.

...Does anybody else think that if he does a really impressive job at the SB he might get the OC position?...

Anything is possible with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Quote:...Does anybody else think that if he does a really impressive job at the SB he might get the OC position?...

Anything is possible with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
maybe in college
Quote:Scelfo is a good coach. Would be nice to retain him but doubt it.

Frank Selfo is not going anywhere. Why are you worried about him?

I don't understand why the Buccaneers declined to coach this game. They got an offensive coordinator now so the reason Lovie Smith gave is baloney.
Oh Scelfo... not the biggest fan but that'd bc of my Tulane bias.
Quote:...Does anybody else think that if he does a really impressive job at the SB he might get the OC position?...
I sincerely doubt it. It might serve as a check mark on his resume if some coach wants to hire him as their OC next offseason, but I don't think the Jags will be the team he ends up as a coordinator for.