Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bob Babich
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where do you stand on him? He's done a decent job so far and I think the players like him. A good hire at this point.

I prefer man to man defense, but the rest of his scheme is working. We need to blitz more and get rid of the zone defense without giving up on Leo and Otto.

Quote:I prefer man to man defense, but the rest of his scheme is working. We need to blitz more and get rid of the zone defense without giving up on Leo and Otto.

We go man to man and get burned over the top by Dez Bryant. It's still a young set of DB's.
Quote:We go man to man and get burned over the top by Dez Bryant. It's still a young set of DB's.

Our defensive backs are so far away from the receivers it looks like we are playing zone.
Quote:Our defensive backs are so far away from the receivers it looks like we are playing zone.

We do seem to primarily play zone coverage. You said you prefer man coverage but our DB's get burned one on one at this point more often than not. They are still young developing players.
I'd prefer to see an upgrade at DC, but given how involved Gus is with the defense, I'm not sure that a substantially better coordinator would want to come here.

Quote:We do seem to primarily play zone coverage. You said you prefer man coverage but our DB's get burned one on one at this point more often than not. They are still young developing players.

I was just thinking if we played man coverage more the defensive backs would be a lot closer and get some interceptions.

At least that is how it works on teams with veterans in the secondary.
Quote:I was just thinking if we played man coverage more the defensive backs would be a lot closer and get some interceptions.

At least that is how it works on teams with veterans in the secondary.
We don't have veterans in the secondary. Playing a cover-zero man scheme right now would result in absolute disaster. Even cover-one is an accident waiting to happen because we don't have a solid free safety, and cover-two would be a waste of Cyprien's talents.
Quote:We don't have veterans in the secondary. Playing a cover-zero man scheme right now would result in absolute disaster. Even cover-one is an accident waiting to happen because we don't have a solid free safety, and cover-two would be a waste of Cyprien's talents.

So signing a veteran defensive back and drafting a free safety will help Bob Babich expand the playbook a little bit.
He's done a good job with the personnel he's been given. 

He's ok.  Too many times in the second half we got crushed.  Maybe it was fatigue, but sometimes teams just scored on us every drive some games.

Quote:He's ok.  Too many times in the second half we got crushed.  Maybe it was fatigue, but sometimes teams just scored on us every drive some games.

If it was fatigue, that falls on the strength and conditioning coach. Players are not supposed to get tired that early in games even if the offense sucks.
Quote:If it was fatigue, that falls on the strength and conditioning coach. Players are not supposed to get tired that early in games even if the offense sucks.

No it doesn't. It falls on this sorry offense that couldn't stay on the field to give the blasted defense a rest. Mark my words, When we get a decent offense, The defense will naturally step up a tier rankings wise.
Quote:He's ok.  Too many times in the second half we got crushed.  Maybe it was fatigue, but sometimes teams just scored on us every drive some games.

Quote:If it was fatigue, that falls on the strength and conditioning coach. Players are not supposed to get tired that early in games even if the offense sucks.

Blame the offense. How many times was it three and out after three and out. A defense can only be on the field so much. Look at the game at Indy. The defense dominated the first half. With even an adequate offense, the Jaguars are winning that game. Same story at Baltimore, at home against Miami.
Quote:We go man to man and get burned over the top by Dez Bryant. It's still a young set of DB's.
We had fairly-equally mixed between man-to-man and zone and we got burned either way. The failure to cover Des Bryant was due to the arrogance of Gus for not having two defenders on Des. McCray did much better covering his WR than Gratz who was the weak link. The weakest link was FS who was so often miscommunicating with others. When we get a good FS to go with McCray and Colvin, our secondary will thrive.
'Arrogance of Gus Bradley'....LOL
The set up Babich to succeed with the offseason acquisitions and conversely set up Fisch to fail by building the O through the draft.

Quote:The set up Babich to succeed with the offseason acquisitions and conversely set up Fisch to fail by building the O through the draft.
Nicely stated.
Quote:We had fairly-equally mixed between man-to-man and zone and we got burned either way. The failure to cover Des Bryant was due to the arrogance of Gus for not having two defenders on Des. McCray did much better covering his WR than Gratz who was the weak link. The weakest link was FS who was so often miscommunicating with others. When we get a good FS to go with McCray and Colvin, our secondary will thrive.

You kinda have a point, plus it's not like Dez is some slouch either. Every time I watch that dude play he's abusing DBs.
Quote:You kinda have a point, plus it's not like Dez is some slouch either. Every time I watch that dude play he's abusing DBs.

Yeah. He might be the best receiver in the league. And the team did a pretty good job on Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Steve Smith. Bryant is a stud who abuses alot of DB's.
Pages: 1 2