Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Head Coaches past,present
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
serveal of you have mettionted we shouldn't of ever let Coghlin ,or JDR go. We should of kept them as our HC. WE to this day still haven't found the right HC for the jags. note I'm not saying gus is bad,nor good yet. it hasn't been long enough to say. My point is this though how many super bowl tittles did coughlin win as jags HC? 0 he couldn't even beat the titians in 99 when jags had the much better team. He got Super Bowls as a Giant. how many rings did JDR get as jags HC 0 again. Gus hasn't brought a super bowl ring to jags yet,nor a winning team yet. to this day we still haven't found the right HC. I personley don't think gus is the one either,he is to postive. Being postive is good,but sometimes you have to get onto the players as well. Since the season is over here is my honest thought on a HC.  The jags need a HC thats  postive,has fire,will get onto the players when they really mess up dureing the game,and know the game of football very well. 

Until the jags have that type of HC they won't ever have a winning team,nor win the Super Bowl. 

Coughlin the coach could accomplish anything. Coughlin the GM crashed and burned once all the expansion cap credits wore off. If Wayne Weaver had kept coach Coughlin and fired GM Coughlin, the 2000's would have looked much different for the Jags imo

bump

Tom as a GM was his downfall but I do wish he could have stayed.

Beans
Tom being a gm shouldn't be an excause,gm or not he didn't lead jags to a Super Bowl,nor couldn't   even beat the titians with a  great built team in 99. He probbley had a loseing record vs titians as jags head coach. I tried a search for it,couldn't find anything.