Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: John Boehner Speaker of the House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing changes, since the "GOP" historic win they've passed Obama's spending bill and re-elected establishment GOP leadership. Even "conservative" representative such as Ron DeSantis caved to the party pressure. This is just a prefect example of why anyone that considers themselves "conservative" or "libertarian" should actively work to destroy the GOP. The party is gone to far and will never be reigned in. 

Time to abandon the GOP in mass, that's what I advocate. 

They abandoned me...... I'm a strick constitutionalist

Quote:They abandoned me...... I'm a strick constitutionalist

vote third party the only chance we have is to take down the GOP and then build a new constitutional party.
Democrats = Leftists

GOP = Kennedy Democrats

3rd parties = No chance

Quote:Democrats = Leftists

GOP = Kennedy Democrats

3rd parties = No chance
It's interesting seeing how the two sides see each other. 

Lefties out here see it like this:

GOP=Righties

Democrats=center conservatives

3rd parties=no chance

Just an interesting observation
Quote:It's interesting seeing how the two sides see each other.

GOP=Righties

3rd parties=no chance

That is funny I imagine it changes based on different regions as well
Quote:That is funny I imagine it changes based on different regions as well
It really does. It fascinates me on a personal/human level to see how people can think so very differently about things to the point furvor and hatred for those that think like them. That goes for all sides.
Quote:It's interesting seeing how the two sides see each other. 

GOP=Righties

3rd parties=no chance

Reality supports that position.

GOP = no reproductive rights, no gays, no taxes, no regulation.

Democrats = let's not do anything at all to fix the problems caused by the GOP agenda

3rd parties = by and large either parties with no chance because they don't get media coverage, or libertarians who get coverage because it helps as camouflage to make the GOP agenda seem less extreme right-wing.
3rd parties don't stand a chance because all they end up doing is drawing support away from one of the other two parties, mostly the party they have the most in common with. If the Tea Party were ever to separate from the GOP the Democrats would end up in power because the conservative vote would be split.

The American political system as it is now will always tend towards a certain mathematically ideal situation which is two parties that promote themselves as opposites but are in reality pretty much the same. 

Quote:3rd parties don't stand a chance because all they end up doing is drawing support away from one of the other two parties, mostly the party they have the most in common with. If the Tea Party were ever to separate from the GOP the Democrats would end up in power because the conservative vote would be split.

The American political system as it is now will always tend towards a certain mathematically ideal situation which is two parties that promote themselves as opposites but are in reality pretty much the same. 

I'll add that the problem could be fixed with ranked choice (instant runoff) voting or a parliamentary system like the EU has where parties are elected and assigned a number of seats according to their percentage of votes.

That idea terrifies the incumbent parties.
Both of the parties are ran and paid for by the Corporations. Isn't being lobbied to, the same as being bribed? How's that legal?

You know why the House has a two year term limit? The Founders couldn't imagine anyone wanting to do it for longer than that. Yet, we have career politicians spending their entire lives in the House. 

Maybe boner will cry some more. Still baffles me he got reelected.
Quote:Both of the parties are ran and paid for by the Corporations. Isn't being lobbied to, the same as being bribed? How's that legal?

You know why the House has a two year term limit? The Founders couldn't imagine anyone wanting to do it for longer than that. Yet, we have career politicians spending their entire lives in the House.

We need term limits for every politician, so this doesn't become a career. It's absurd. Look at Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, they have been their for 50 years. It was never meant to go that long.
Quote:Both of the parties are ran and paid for by the Corporations. Isn't being lobbied to, the same as being bribed? How's that legal?

Come on, such a cliche. Your guy is an honest upstanding American, of course, while mine is a crook being paid off by Big Corporations.

And your group is comprised of concerned citizens and mine are a bunch of lobbyists.

It's so much easier to label people than try to put forward a rational public policy.
Quote:We need term limits for every politician, so this doesn't become a career. It's absurd. Look at Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, they have been their for 50 years. It was never meant to go that long.
Not to mention they are both millionaires.... Govt work sure is nice...

Quote:Come on, such a cliche. Your guy is an honest upstanding American, of course, while mine is a crook being paid off by Big Corporations.

And your group is comprised of concerned citizens and mine are a bunch of lobbyists.

It's so much easier to label people than try to put forward a rational public policy.
Move along, nothing to see here...we hate each other...

[Image: the-government-is-greedy.jpg#greedy%20go...%20400x309]
Quote:Not to mention they are both millionaires.... Govt work sure is nice...

Move along, nothing to see here...we hate each other...

[Image: the-government-is-greedy.jpg#greedy%20go...%20400x309]

Yeah - god forbid you have to actually stand for something and try and win an election. That would take guts and responsibility and that's in pretty short supply. So much easier to stand on the sidelines and scream at the officials. 
Quote:Yeah - god forbid you have to actually stand for something and try and win an election. That would take guts and responsibility and that's in pretty short supply. So much easier to stand on the sidelines and scream at the officials.

That's your favorite card to play, if someone's not with the two power parties they must really not stand for anything. My libertarian votes and opinions mean just as much as your republican votes and opinions. The fact that there are far fewer libertarians them republicans means nothing, only that you've temporarily won the information war. When your Republican Party dies off and goes the way of the dinosaurs will you still stick your nose up at 3rd parties?