Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mayor Bill de Blasio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, this guy has already burned bridges with his constituents and NYPD officers since he took office.  Now Mayor De Blasio decided to blast the NYPD again for turning their backs on him at the funeral.

Quote:“Those individuals who took certain actions this last week – or last two weeks, really – they were disrespectful to the families involved”

I'm pretty sure they were turning their backs on him, not the family.  This guy is a complete mess.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/...-funerals/

I don't know how NYC4Jags can stand living in a city like this.

Quote:I don't know how NYC4Jags can stand living in a city like this.

That city is a complete disaster right now.
How long is the mayor elected for is it 4 or 6 years? Either way I don't see how he's not a one term mayor
Quote:How long is the mayor elected for is it 4 or 6 years? Either way I don't see how he's not a one term mayor
4.  I just don't see how he makes it past it.  They might have his head when it's all said and done.

Quote:4.  I just don't see how he makes it past it.  They might have his head when it's all said and done.
People in NYC are already upset about the outrageously high taxes and living costs there. Add in an incompetent and unpopular Mayor, and you've got yourself some major trouble down the road.
People in Jacksonville. and other places, are now experts in New York City politics?

It's not the cops but their union that are acting like jerks. It's the liberals' quandry - do you support the liberal Mayor or the union? Progressive doctrine says you are to support both.

And lol that people in NYC are upset about the high taxes and cost of living. It's been that way forever. They've learned to live with it - or move to New Jersey (where it ain't much better).

Quote:People in Jacksonville. and other places, are now experts in New York City politics?

My thoughts exactly.

Sure is expert about northern liberals around here suddenly.
Quote: 

And lol that people in NYC are upset about the high taxes and cost of living. It's been that way forever. They've learned to live with it - or move to New Jersey (where it ain't much better).

Check the real estate prices in NYC and tell me again people don't want to live there.  

Quote:People in Jacksonville. and other places, are now experts in New York City politics?

It's not the cops but their union that are acting like jerks. It's the liberals' quandry - do you support the liberal Mayor or the union? Progressive doctrine says you are to support both.

Quote:My thoughts exactly.

FYI, I'm not basing my opinion on "Conservative thinking" but on personal experience. I've been fortunate enough to have lived in both the South and the North so I understand how people from both regions of the Country are in terms of politics and culture. Even a Liberal can see how bad De Blassio is. I don't care about who the Mayor of NYC is, or the Police unions that are involved in this, but I do care about the general population living there with all of the unrest and social problems that are going on in New York right now. People like NYC4Jags who I just mentioned recently.
Quote:My thoughts exactly.

What does this have to do with thread?  Honestly, stop trying to spin this into your liberal agenda.  He has lost the cops, and a lot of people for his actions.  Now he is calling them out, instead of trying to save face?  This guy is a disaster.  AND YES, the people do deserve better.  I'm glad I don't have to live there.
Quote:What does this have to do with thread?  Honestly, stop trying to spin this into your liberal agenda.  He has lost the cops, and a lot of people for his actions.  Now he is calling them out, instead of trying to save face?  This guy is a disaster.  AND YES, the people do deserve better.  I'm glad I don't have to live there.

So do you live in NYC, or are you just speaking out of your rear end?
Quote:So do you live in NYC, or are you just speaking out of your rear end?
I don't live there, but I can read the news.  What part of the article did I misrepresent? 

Also, am I not allowed to talk about something because I don't live there?  

Quote:I don't live there, but I can read the news.  What part of the article did I misrepresent? 

I mean how do you know what the general sentiment is there? Even in the article above there doesn't seem to be any sort of numbers of approval for the mayor or the NYPD.
Quote:I mean how do you know what the general sentiment is there? Even in the article above there doesn't seem to be any sort of numbers of approval for the mayor or the NYPD.
Let's take this a little slower.  What does his approval numbers for the Mayor have anything to do with the NYPD turning their backs on him at a funeral?  If this were a republican, you'd be blasting him.  So stop trying to hijack this thread.

Quote:4.  I just don't see how he makes it past it.  They might have his head when it's all said and done.

Quote:Let's take this a little slower.  What does his approval numbers for the Mayor have anything to do with the NYPD turning their backs on him at a funeral?  If this were a republican, you'd be blasting him.  So stop trying to hijack this thread.

It doesn't have anything to do with the NYPD.

Earlier in the thread you posted about how you don't think he makes it past one term as mayor, meaning people don't like him enough to reelect him.

Where are you getting your idea that he has lost the support of the voters in the city?

Quote:I mean how do you know what the general sentiment is there? Even in the article above there doesn't seem to be any sort of numbers of approval for the mayor or the NYPD.
Oklahomie,

The first rule about statistics and approval ratings in general, is to never trust statistics. If 70% or more of NYC's population hold the Mayor in high regard (which is very unlikely given the situation right now), that's not telling the whole story. As it's only a small segment of the population that's being polled. It's literally impossible to get a whole segment of the population polled. At best, it's just to get an idea of what people are feeling and thinking at the moment. For instance, most polls in the 1980 Presidential election had Jimmy Carter leading Ronald Reagan up until the final days before the election. We all know how that turned out...

You don't have to be living in NYC, or be a so called: "NYC expert" (as you like to call it) to know how bad things are there with taxes and living costs. A lot of that data and information can be easily accessed just by doing a simple web search. And it's all available to the public. If there are any people from NYC who are living there at the moment, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Just no "Ad Hominem" attacks/arguments please.
De Blasio is having the usual problem that comes with a long history of being an outsider and then running for the office of ultimate insider.   You can criticize the police for whatever reason while you're an outsider, and get away with it, but once you become mayor, they are now YOUR police, and if you keep saying stuff like "my son is not safe around the police" then they justifiably wonder whose side you are on.   And you're the MAYOR!!   The MAYOR is telling people his son is not safe around the police.  A lot of reasonable people would consider such a statement very irresponsible.   

Quote: 

You don't have to be living in NYC, or be a so called: "NYC expert" (as you like to call it) to know how bad things are there with taxes and living costs. A lot of that data and information can be easily accessed just by doing a simple web search. And it's all available to the public. If there are any people from NYC who are living there at the moment, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Just no "Ad Hominem" attacks/arguments please.

The cost of living in NYC is indeed very high, and yet, people still want to live there.  In fact, people want to live there so badly, in lower Manhattan, the billionaires are now crowding out the millionaires, and the people up in Harlem are complaining about all the millionaires moving in and taking over the neighborhood. 

NYC has a heck of a lot going for it.   It's a great place.  High taxes and all. 

Quote:Oklahomie,

The first rule about statistics and approval ratings in general, is to never trust statistics. If 70% or more of NYC's population hold the Mayor in high regard (which is very unlikely given the situation right now), that's not telling the whole story. As it's only a small segment of the population that's being polled. It's literally impossible to get a whole segment of the population polled. At best, it's just to get an idea of what people are feeling and thinking at the moment. For instance, most polls in the 1980 Presidential election had Jimmy Carter leading Ronald Reagan up until the final days before the election. We all know how that turned out...

That's way more text than was needed.

You should have just said "I'm just projecting how I feel about him on NYC residents, whom I assume are exactly like myself in all that they care about."
Pages: 1 2