Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This breaks my heart and angers me...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this article regarding a 95 year old man and his 96 year old wife.

What angers me is how elderly people can be easily manipulated and taken advantage of.  One of the daughters in this story was more worried about her "inheritance" than she was worried about her mother's happiness.

A quote from one of the articles regarding the marriage and what one of the daughter's concerns were about.

Quote:"...it complicated the matter of how to eventually distribute Hill's estate, which includes property on the edge of Old Town Alexandria, worth about $475,000, according to real estate assessments."

Original Story

More Background

Why was this couple not allowed to live their lives the way they wanted to?  It sure seems that they were doing just fine without outside people meddling in their affairs.  Here is another quote from one of the articles.

Quote:"Rebecca Wright said the two do a good job taking care of each other - his hearing is not great, and her vision is not great. They dance, listen to music and take walks, which has improved their health. "

And another from a family member.

Quote:"Robin Wright, Hill's granddaughter, said the relationship is more romantic than Hill's explanation allows.

"You catch them kissing all the time,'' she said. "They're actually in love. Really in love...I know he's part of the reason she gets up every morning.''<span style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Arimo, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"</span>
Yeah, I read that today too. Something like 400K on the line. Greed controls those 2 sisters but a court took the estate out of their control.

Quote:Yeah, I read that today too. Something like 400K on the line. Greed controls those 2 sisters but a court took the estate out of their control.

Correction.

Greed controls one of the sisters.  The other sister was "looking out" for her mother and her mother's happiness.