Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Skip lagged website getting sued
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/30/unite..._truncated

This is a great idea.  I have done things similar to this (buy a round trip ticket even though you only need it one way) because it is cheaper.  Big shock, the ensconced businesses have a problem with it.

Interesting theory.  I'll have to look into this more when we travel now.

I don't see the problem with it, they are going to these stops anyways.

Quote:I don't see the problem with it, they are going to these stops anyways.

This^^
The airline industry is disgusting I feel bad for people that have to fly.
That's why I take the Amtrak everywhere I go

Quote:That's why I take the Amtrak everywhere I go

Hard to get to other countries on Amtrak!
Quote:That's why I take the Amtrak everywhere I go

Amtrak takes you to liquor stores?
Quote:Amtrak takes you to liquor stores?

All across the country!! :thumbsup:
Quote:Amtrak takes you to liquor stores?

Amtrak has a BAR CAR!
Quote:The airline industry is disgusting I feel bad for people that have to fly.

It's not just the airline industry.   It's the process of getting into and out of the country, especially getting back in the country.   Flying home from overseas, packed into a plane like a sardine, eating crap food with a tiny spork, getting off the plane after flying for hours and hours, trying to sleep sitting up, walking for what seems to be miles to reach customs and border security, waiting for up to an hour to produce your passport and entry form, because the Congress decided to cut the budget for Customs personnel, claiming your luggage, opening it up for inspection, getting your bottle of genuine Italian Olive oil confiscated, walking more miles through the airport to make your connection, endless lines for the TSA scanning and inspecting of carry-ons, take off your shoes, take off your belt, open your carry on bag, TSA people screaming instructions, and seeing my wife get pulled out of line repeatedly to get her hands swabbed for explosive residue, all the while just wanting to go to sleep because where you came from it's still 3AM. 

The last day of your vacation becomes a horrible, exhausting day. 

I swear, my 5 foot tall, 100 pound Chinese wife has been pulled out of line twice to have her hands swabbed for explosive residue.   Maybe they're trying to prove they're not profiling by selecting the person least likely to be a terrorist and subjecting them to special treatment.  And then they tell her, "Welcome to the United States!" apparently ignoring the fact that she has a US passport in her hand. 

From now on, I'm traveling by car.   If I can't get there by car, I'm not going.