Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Titans owner says GM Webster and coach Whisenhunt will return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...and these Titans fans are not happy.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2014/12...eturn-2015

The rest of the division should be.

Quote:The rest of the division should be.

Smile
Does this mean we don't get to coach the Senior Bowl for a third straight year?
Well we didn't coach it the year before last so it would be a second straight year.

Great news! (If you're a Jags fan).

Wisenhunt strikes me as one of those guys who thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.
:thumbsup:

Curious to see how this draft goes without having a front row ticket to the talent at the senior bowl.

If Tennessee drafts a QB with the pick # 2 Draft Resource,  it could buy their current team brass two seasons to show substantial tangible progress.   Otherwise,  the 2015 season could be make or break for Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt.   

Quote:If Tennessee drafts a QB with the pick # 2 Draft Resource,  it could buy their current team brass two seasons to show substantial tangible progress.   Otherwise,  the 2015 season could be make or break for Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt.   

Similar to 2012 Jags
[Image: dance.gif]

Quote:If Tennessee drafts a QB with the pick # 2 Draft Resource,  it could buy their current team brass two seasons to show substantial tangible progress.   Otherwise,  the 2015 season could be make or break for Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt.   

They won't draft a QB. Whiz came out today and said that Mettenberger will be the QB for the '15 season. But of course that could all change. If they do draft QB and they draft that thug from FSU, I'll be turning in my Titans gear and tix. No way I can support that waste of a talent.

Best thing for the Titans to do is either trade down or draft Cooper. They need help everywhere IMO but if they draft Cooper, I think that opens up the offense and gives Mettenberger someone to throw to except Wright and Walker.
Quote:They won't draft a QB. Whiz came out today and said that Mettenberger will be the QB for the '15 season. But of course that could all change. If they do draft QB and they draft that thug from FSU, I'll be turning in my Titans gear and tix. No way I can support that waste of a talent.

Best thing for the Titans to do is either trade down or draft Cooper. They need help everywhere IMO but if they draft Cooper, I think that opens up the offense and gives Mettenberger someone to throw to except Wright and Walker.
You could be a Jags fan soon enough
Quote:Similar to 2012 Jags

When looking back at the 2012 Jags,  Ken Whisenhunt is fortunate compared to Mike Mularkey.   The latter was one and done.    Maybe things would have worked out much better for Mularkey is not for the 2011 mistake of the Blaine Gabbert pick a year before Mularkey came to Jax.    A problematic QB situation is probably the quickest way for a HC to end up on the unemployment line.
Quote:They won't draft a QB. Whiz came out today and said that Mettenberger will be the QB for the '15 season. But of course that could all change. If they do draft QB and they draft that thug from FSU, I'll be turning in my Titans gear and tix. No way I can support that waste of a talent.

As a Tennessee fan,  did you see enough promise from Zach Mettenberger that you believe there's a better than 50-50 chance he's the long term solution for the franchise?  

If Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt. decide to bypass a QB in Round 1  ( at # 2 or in a trade down ) and the position is problematic in 2015,   they both could easily be looking for work in 2016.
Well, that along with Pettine coming back for the Browns and TC coming back for the Giants, puts an end to the "lose to Gus and you're on the bus" scenario that we saw last season.