Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cyprien has played well lately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He is changing minds! At least I'm hoping
You're blind.

He made one nice stop behind the LOS today, but had something like 5 missed tackles in the 1st half today.

I do agree he was better against the Titans though.

Overall, a disappointing 2nd year for him without any real impact plays.

Cyprian had a sophomore slump. Get a good free safety behind him, and he will be fine. We have worse problems...like having only one (maybe 2) decent people on the entire O-Line.
Quote:You're blind.

He made one nice stop behind the LOS today, but had something like 5 missed tackles in the 1st half today.

I do agree he was better against the Titans though.

Overall, a disappointing 2nd year for him without any real impact plays.
This.  Cyprien was like Gratz today.  He had a few good plays, but looked lost or got juked and slipped to the ground completely missing the tackle.
He is playing very awful.
He played a miserable game today, and it doesnt seem his problems are corrected. He keeps taking horrible angles in the open field and flying into ball carriers like a missile expecting them to go down easily. He refuses to wrap up. This is such a huge problem, and I haven't seen any progress from opening day.

He is by far our leader in missed/broken tackles, and thats not a stat I want for our last line of defense.

Of all the Jags, I think I am most disappointed in him. He has so much talent, but seems like he either isn't getting coached up or is too stubborn to listen.

Quote:He played a miserable game today, and it doesnt seem his problems are corrected. He keeps taking horrible angles in the open field and flying into ball carriers like a missile expecting them to go down easily. He refuses to wrap up. This is such a huge problem, and I haven't seen any progress from opening day.

He is by far our leader in missed/broken tackles, and thats not a stat I want for our last line of defense.

Of all the Jags, I think I am most disappointed in him. He has so much talent, but seems like he either isn't getting coached up or is too stubborn to listen.

Yes, I was livid today when I saw him try and shoulder tackle a guy, and he was just shrugged off, and he kept running.  This isn't college.
He will be better next yr.

Who am I kidddin. Im drunk talkin.

Cheers to Cyp
Quote:He will be better next yr.

Who am I kidddin. Im drunk talkin.

Cheers to Cyp

I like the way you think.
[Image: ray_charles.jpg]

I think people underestimate just how important a FS is to our scheme. It's never supposed to be Cyp's job to cover the deep third but he's been placed there due to a deficiency in talent on Evans' part. While I agree he hasn't made the plays we hoped, he's been a leader and routinely ranks among our top tacklers.

Once again, I advise patience to those of you who are so eager to judge acquisitions after less than three years of experience. If rebuilding this way were easy everyone would do it. It's not easy but it will get results next season.
Lets be clear about a few things; the FS has nothing to do with Cyp trying to arm tackle. The FS has nothing to do with Cyp taking terrible angles or just out right whiffing.

The FS has nothing to do with Cyp being completely blown up by an RB.

The FS has nothing to do with Cyp watching the ball carrier fall down and get up and run for five more yards.

Most of these issues with Cyp occurred early in the season but he has shown little improvement from game 1 until yesterday.

HOPEFULLY Cyp will improve in his third year.  

Quote:I think people underestimate just how important a FS is to our scheme. It's never supposed to be Cyp's job to cover the deep third but he's been placed there due to a deficiency in talent on Evans' part. While I agree he hasn't made the plays we hoped, he's been a leader and routinely ranks among our top tacklers.

Once again, I advise patience to those of you who are so eager to judge acquisitions after less than three years of experience. If rebuilding this way were easy everyone would do it. It's not easy but it will get results next season.
It will get results next year? You SURE about that?
Quote:It will get results next year? You SURE about that?

I'm sure. This is how rebuilds happen.
He has missed some tackles but he's becoming more noticeable. We NEED a Free safety to improve his play.

Quote:I'm sure. This is how rebuilds happen.

So how much money are you going to be betting in Vegas this year?

How much better?  We're gonna win how many times next year?

Newsflash:  Every NFL team had a 2013 draft.  By your logic, they will all magically make the jump and play significantly better in 2015.

I don't have the faith that this team will be any better next year because of the leadership (or lack thereof).
Quote:I think people underestimate just how important a FS is to our scheme. It's never supposed to be Cyp's job to cover the deep third but he's been placed there due to a deficiency in talent on Evans' part. While I agree he hasn't made the plays we hoped, he's been a leader and routinely ranks among our top tacklers.

Josh Evans makes me cringe every week.
Quote:He has missed some tackles but he's becoming more noticeable. We NEED a Free safety to improve his play.

He needs to stop missing tackles like it's going out of style.  That literally has nothing to do with the FS.

His coverage ability is actually decent.  

His open field tackling or tackling in general is poor.  His technique is atrocious.  That has nothing to do with the fact that Evans is playing next to him.
Quote:Josh Evans makes me cringe every week.

To be fair, Evans has been about as effective as Cyprien.  He hasn't been significantly worse.
Quote:Lets be clear about a few things; the FS has nothing to do with Cyp trying to arm tackle. The FS has nothing to do with Cyp taking terrible angles or just out right whiffing.

The FS has nothing to do with Cyp being completely blown up by an RB.

The FS has nothing to do with Cyp watching the ball carrier fall down and get up and run for five more yards.

Most of these issues with Cyp occurred early in the season but he has shown little improvement from game 1 until yesterday.

HOPEFULLY Cyp will improve in his third year.  
You forgot that a QB outran him earlier in the year lol
Pages: 1 2