Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious if anyone knows when or if Dave will have a press conference. I'd love to hear his take on the season and on the future.
Overrated, looks better than he is because Harris and Smith were so bad.
I like him.  His draft this year is what makes me believe him in.  I know that last years draft was mediocre, and that was due to the talent.  Bortles Lee, Robinson, Bowanko, Telvin Smith, and Colvin are all bright spots.  I don't think we have drafted some many starters that are more than certain going to get better.

Quote:I like him.  His draft this year is what makes me believe him in.  I know that last years draft was mediocre, and that was due to the talent.  Bortles Lee, Robinson, Bowanko, Telvin Smith, and Colvin are all bright spots.  I don't think we have drafted some many starters that are more than certain going to get better.

I thought, it was obvious Jennings looked worse than he was due to Gabbert, o-line, and receivers. I, also, thought D. Smith should of been retained after testing FA. The Eugene Monroe thing was weird, all those moves reeked of arrogance. It was like he was changing things just to be changing things. Knighton move made sense based on his performance here in Jax. Still some of those moves were simply not good.

Gerhart, not sure that move was good, if he truly was brought here to be a "bell cow." I don't think he should be fired this year by any means, but next year if players aren't better, developing, then I'd begin to truly wonder whether he should stay.
Quote:I thought, it was obvious Jennings looked worse than he was due to Gabbert, o-line, and receivers. I, also, thought D. Smith should of been retained after testing FA. The Eugene Monroe thing was weird, all those moves reeked of arrogance. It was like he was changing things just to be changing things. Knighton move made sense based on his performance here in Jax. Still some of those moves were simply not good.

Gerhart, not sure that move was good, if he truly was brought here to be a "bell cow." I don't think he should be fired this year by any means, but next year if players aren't better, developing, then I'd begin to truly wonder whether he should stay.

His FA finds aren't as good.  Although, you can't hit on everyone. Slowby sucks, but Marks is a beast. Bryant and Clemons are just stop gap veterans until they replace them. Beadles is a bum, who is only good based upon who's around him.  I'm assuming that's why he was good at Denver.  Over-all, more good than bad in my book.  The releasing of the previous regimes players are a head scratcher.  He should have held onto them until he could find adequate replacements.
Quote:His FA finds aren't as good. Although, you can't hit on everyone. Slowby sucks, but Marks is a beast. Bryant and Clemons are just stop gap veterans until they replace them. Beadles is a bum, who is only good based upon who's around him. I'm assuming that's why he was good at Denver. Over-all, more good than bad in my book. The releasing of the previous regimes players are a head scratcher. He should have held onto them until he could find adequate replacements.
Just a thought but maybe Caldwell just wanted to get rid of underachieving veterans who, to this day, were members of the WORST Jags team in history (2-14). I really don't get all of the hurt feelings over letting those bums walk.
Quote:Just a thought but maybe Caldwell just wanted to get rid of underachieving veterans who, to this day, were members of the WORST Jags team in history (2-14). I really don't get all of the hurt feelings over letting those bums walk.
Knighton is good, it's apparent of his play in Denver.  Daryl Smith was older, but he's still a starter on a playoff team.  That is all. 
Quote:Just a thought but maybe Caldwell just wanted to get rid of underachieving veterans who, to this day, were members of the WORST Jags team in history (2-14). I really don't get all of the hurt feelings over letting those bums walk.

D. Smith bum that's funny. Did you see Jennings run this year? He was the only Giant playing.
Quote:Knighton is good, it's apparent of his play in Denver.  Daryl Smith was older, but he's still a starter on a playoff team.  That is all. 
We should of kept Smith
Quote:Knighton is good, it's apparent of his play in Denver. Daryl Smith was older, but he's still a starter on a playoff team. That is all.
Always showed up to camp out of shape and wasn't self motivated when he was here. I wouldn't have rewarded him with a contract either if I was Caldwell. Peyton Manning is a big locker room motivator and Knighton needed that.
I dont mind the job he's done with the draft, even if the early results haven't looked so great. we just haven't seen our players develop like they should because the coach is totally inept.

Quote:D. Smith bum that's funny. Did you see Jennings run this year? He was the only Giant playing.

Jennings behind our line?  Yeah don't think he would be magically or produced the same here.  Didn't give up much there.  Daryl Smith is a sad lose but we know what they were doing there.
Quote:D. Smith bum that's funny. Did you see Jennings run this year? He was the only Giant playing.
D. Smith was the best of a bad bunch and getting hurt in a contract year hurt him. Jennings underachieved here and RBs are easy to replace anyway.
Quote:Jennings behind our line?  Yeah don't think he would be magically or produced the same here.  Didn't give up much there.  Daryl Smith is a sad lose but we know what they were doing there.
I agree, that's why I left Jennings out in my previous post.  He'd still be the same guy here, unfortunately.  Our O-line is that bad.
Why oh why did we let J-Smooth retire. He'd be our #1 wr for sure. And it was such a bad move drafting Leftwich... should have waited for big Ben.

Don't get me started on our worst pick, damn Boselli, only got him for 5 years. All pros don't get injured.

Oh CHAMPIONSHIP.

[End sardonic rant]

If you don't know what sardonic is... Google it.
Quote:Jennings behind our line?  Yeah don't think he would be magically or produced the same here.  Didn't give up much there.  Daryl Smith is a sad lose but we know what they were doing there.

Granted no RB was going to be tremendously successful behind this line, but in my opinion, Jennings would of been the best RB on this roster, better than D-rob or Gerhart, even being a hybrid of their two styles Jennings would of been better than either, D-rob or Gerhart in their roles.
Quote:Granted no RB was going to be tremendously successful behind this line, but in my opinion, Jennings would of been the best RB on this roster, better than D-rob or Gerhart, even being a hybrid of their two styles Jennings would of been better than either, D-rob or Gerhart in their roles.
I guess his 2.8 ypc and 2 TDs in his contract year made Caldwell say meh.
Quote:I guess his 2.8 ypc and 2 TDs in his contract year made Caldwell say meh.

Which running back you talking about?

MJD? Jennings? Slowby? D-Rob? Storm? Etc? Etc? .... the backs haven't been good in years.
Quote:Which running back you talking about?

MJD? Jennings? Slowby? D-Rob? Storm? Etc? Etc? .... the backs haven't been good in years.
Jennings. His numbers in a contract year made me think he wanted to play in the AFL instead of the NFL.
Quote:I guess his 2.8 ypc and 2 TDs in his contract year made Caldwell say meh.

Did any defense respect Gabbert or any receiver on the team? Or were defenses free to load up against the run all that season? Like I said, "I thought, it was obvious Jennings looked worse than he was due to Gabbert, o-line, and receivers."
Pages: 1 2