Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Meaningless Offseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

As of right now, this day until the start of week 1 of the 2015 regular season is totally irrelevant to me. We've been through this repetitive cycle too many times now as fans. We have a couple of glowing preseason reviews which talk about the improvement of the team, rookies, coaches, etc. Then we enter free agency and the draft and everybody talks about how we had such a good draft and we brought in quality FA's, etc. And finally we play in the preseason and everybody acts like we're going to be the next SB champions. ...Then the regular season starts and we crumble...again.

All I care about is seeing this team play whoever it is in the regular season, and coming out with wins. It doesn't matter how we get them, as long as we can pull out W's. At the end of the day that's all that matters to me right now as a fan. All I can say right now to Khan and the rest of the management this offseason is that the Jags should just stop being cheap, and open up the checkbook for once. Spend all the money that we can to bring in more quality players to the team, and fix the O-Line in the draft. Obviously, we're not expecting to win a SB next season, but I expect that by week 17 of next year we'll at least be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Fire Fisch and Mallory, and get new OC/ST coordinators.

We want to see more results from this team next year in the form of wins!

That's all I have to say about this offseason.

Good post, and I think everyone should want this.  The repetitive cycle we go through is just sickening.  Like you said I want wins.  No more moral victories and no more saying "next year!"

good enough defense with no offense.... Yeah lots of work to do. Didn't see much improvement with the offense this year. Bottles has good qualities and potential but there were no options or help for the guy. Very poor offense and questionable staff.

You should protest by not starting any more threads until next year.

Stick it to da man!

I agree, but this is the most important offseason so far for Caldwell. Another season of 3 or 4 wins will lead to a house cleaning. All these players hes drafted need to improve signigicantly, and he needs to get an offensive line.

Ehhh, I enjoy the process from start to finish.  I love the draft and free agency and yeah, we get high on our hopes only to be let down.  One day though we won't be let down.  Enjoy the ride, even the tough times, because life is way too short.

Quote:You should protest by not starting any more threads until next year.

Stick it to da man!
How come when someone is displeased with something about this team, you have something condescending to say about it?  Stick it to da man, and don't post anymore.
Quote:How come when someone is displeased with something about this team, you have something condescending to say about it?  Stick it to da man, and don't post anymore.
Okay genius, let's review the OP. He says, and I quote:

Quote:As of right now, this day until the start of week 1 of the 2015 regular season is totally irrelevant to me.

Now, are you still with me? Any questions yet?

My response tells him to post nothing until that point.

Are we still seeing eye to eye?

You see, I am doing him a favor, as that time he spends talking about irrelevant things is time he will never get back. Once he burns it, it's gone.

Are we getting too complicated yet?

I am trying to help him out and you think that is a problem.

Are you sure once he realizes what's really going on, he isn't going to track you down and give you a serious beatdown because you're against it?
Part of being a fan to me is sticking with my team no matter what. Every year I believe that the Jags will win the Super Bowl. Call me what you want, but it will be the same thing for me every year.
SurferJag, put down the sauce!

I am not excited about the off season. We haven't done much in years.

The offseason is the only thing to get excited about.  Sure as heck isn't the regular season which is painful year after year. 

Don't jump!!