Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The tinhorn's Improvement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Typically it takes a franchise QB drafted 1st overall for a team to see the turnaround the tinhorns have seen. They have gotten zero contribution from the 1st pick in the draft, had QB's that would be backup's on any other NFL roster, yet have a shot at making the playoffs in week 17.

What gives? 

O brien. Wait no its an awful division.
Quote:Typically it takes a franchise QB drafted 1st overall for a team to see the turnaround the tinhorns have seen. They have gotten zero contribution from the 1st pick in the draft, had QB's that would be backup's on any other NFL roster, yet have a shot at making the playoffs in week 17.

What gives? 

It helps that they play in the AFC South.

They weren't that bad of a roster, that also helps.  There was talent there.  Similar to the KC pre-Andy Reid as coach.
Quote:O brien. Wait no its an awful division.

It's this.

If the titans or Jaguars provided decent competition they wouldn't even be in position to possibly make the playoffs with help.
Quote:Typically it takes a franchise QB drafted 1st overall for a team to see the turnaround the tinhorns have seen. They have gotten zero contribution from the 1st pick in the draft, had QB's that would be backup's on any other NFL roster, yet have a shot at making the playoffs in week 17.

What gives? 

A question to ponder.

Had the Texans taken Bridgewater, or Bortles with the #1 pick ... Would they have made the playoffs?
Quote:A question to ponder.

Had the Texans taken Bridgewater, or Bortles with the #1 pick ... Would they have made the playoffs?

No doubt in my mind.....

I think the tinhorns are going to be stuck on what Mark Cuban calls the "mediocrity treadmill" for awhile now.
Quote:O brien. Wait no its an awful division.
We and the tacks sure make them look good...
Lines on both sides along with seasoned players......and a QB off a practice squad from another team? (true he'd been in Houston with a predecessor)

but DANG......our team got dominated. NO 3rd downs?

Com'on Gus....you got some 'splainin' to do.

The best player in the league helps

The texans weren't as bad as their record last year. Not even close. They upgraded the QB situation with Fitz and with decent coaching and a hell of a defense, they reached their potential of being a mediocre team in a crap division.
Quote:The best player in the league helps

Justin Houston has more sacks and watt is in a weak divison I don't see why he's the best
The Texans never should have had the year they had last year.  They had way too much talent for any of that to happen.  Honestly, JJ Watt alone gives you 4 wins because of the pressure he puts on you.

Arian Foster was hurt a bit last year, and really he can make that offense run even with a bad qb.  

Quote:Justin Houston has more sacks and watt is in a weak divison I don't see why he's the best

oh my god. i almost think you have to be trolling at this point. no one can be stupid enough to say this and that antonio brown is better than megatron.

you might be the most clueless sports fan ive ever come across.
Quote:Lines on both sides along with seasoned players......and a QB off a practice squad from another team? (true he'd been in Houston with a predecessor)

but DANG......our team got dominated. NO 3rd downs?

Com'on Gus....you got some 'splainin' to do.

There was a time when your defense was as good as ours & you had a work-horse for a RB. You could have won a lot of games, but you wasted it with Jack Del Rio. 

A small window has opened for us, our front office didn't believe in Gary Kubiak & finally made a change. 

If you guys had that team + Bortles + Bradley, you'd be in our position now. 

Bradley's doing a good job with your defense. Offensively, I don't care for Fisch. As soon as you relieve yourself of that problem, you'll be on your way to AFC South dominance. 
Quote:There was a time when your defense was as good as ours & you had a work-horse for a RB. You could have won a lot of games, but you wasted it with Jack Del Rio. 

A small window has opened for us, our front office didn't believe in Gary Kubiak & finally made a change. 

If you guys had that team + Bortles + Bradley, you'd be in our position now. 

Bradley's doing a good job with your defense. Offensively, I don't care for Fisch. As soon as you relieve yourself of that problem, you'll be on your way to AFC South dominance. 

It wasn't Del Rio that was the problem with the Jaguars of the mid aughts. It was the QB.

Take Roethlisberger or Rodgers instead of Leftwich and going with Garrard and Del Rio is likely still coaching the Jaguars and the team is considered a perennial contender.
Arian Foster was healthy.

Quote:oh my god. i almost think you have to be trolling at this point. no one can be stupid enough to say this and that antonio brown is better than megatron.

you might be the most clueless sports fan ive ever come across.

Just because they get the most attention dosent mean their the best
Quote:Just because they get the most attention dosent mean their the best

jj watt is the best.