Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Root for Marquise Lee to get 5 catches today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If Lee gets five catches, then the Jaguars will set yet another rookie record.  Never before has any team in the NFL had three rookie receivers with at least 40 catches.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ke-history

The next closest record, which they now also own, is two rookies having at least 48 catches.  That shows just how ridiculous three with 40 would be.

Just give Shorts' targets to Lee, and he will get there easily.
I hope he gets it too.

Quote:Just give Shorts' targets to Lee, and he will get there easily.

They shouldve been doing that

I hope him and Bortles light it up today
I hope he gets it.  These records just show how unique our situation is with us playing this many rookies.  It seems like it's almost unprecedented in the modern era.  Thanks for putting us in this position Gene!

Bench Shorts who has been almost worthless, and Lee should easily get 10 looks today.  

It would be nice to have a "good" record this season to make up for all the record-setting "bad" things we've had to endure.  
Would love for Lee to have a crazy huge game today.

Wrong thread!

1 so far

Still going to Shorts more, Sanders also saw some action shockingly.

lee has a case of the drops today

Quote:If Lee gets five catches, then the Jaguars will set yet another rookie record.  Never before has any team in the NFL had three rookie receivers with at least 40 catches.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ke-history

The next closest record, which they now also own, is two rookies having at least 48 catches.  That shows just how ridiculous three with 40 would be.

All it shows is how ridiculous it was for this team to trot out three rookie wide receivers and think it can be successful doing so. 40 catches for rookie wide receivers isn't really some great "benchmark". The only reason this is a record is because no other team dares to play and rely on two rookie wide receivers, much less three.
Quote:lee has a case of the drops today

So much for not adding "stress" and distractions. Can't help but think that Lee pressed a bit when the ball went his way. This was a knock on him in college, but I thought he's done a better job here since. Not today...
He had a rough game, but he should be good next year.  This whole team had a rough season...

Quote:He had a rough game, but he should be good next year.  This whole team had a rough season...

Fortunately (we hope), we get at least one more year of Jerry coaching up Lee/Robinson/Hurns...maybe even Blackmon. Of anyone in our players/coaching staff dynamic, I feel the most confidence in the combo of these young guys learning from Sullivan.
Quote:Fortunately (we hope), we get at least one more year of Jerry coaching up Lee/Robinson/Hurns...maybe even Blackmon. Of anyone in our players/coaching staff dynamic, I feel the most confidence in the combo of these young guys learning from Sullivan.
I can almost guarantee if Blackmon returned, we wouldn't see so many struggles by the WRs.  They would all hone in on Blackmon, and no matter what he'd make them pay, and then that will relieve the pressure on the other guys.
Quote:I can almost guarantee if Blackmon returned, we wouldn't see so many struggles by the WRs.  They would all hone in on Blackmon, and no matter what he'd make them pay, and then that will relieve the pressure on the other guys.
Blackmon was really never that good you guys have short term memory loss. 
Quote:Blackmon was really never that good you guys have short term memory loss. 
Really?  2 200 yard games in a row after being suspended on the Jaguars?  What!?  He would be a probowler if he was catching passes from Brady.
Lol!!

Blackmon wasn't at the level of an elite WR...yet. What he did have, however, were dominant spurts. His route running still needed work. But when you combine his size and physical ability with his catching radius...it was special and something that would have (and would) help this team if he was able to come back. Seriously, go back and watch some of his highlights (yeah, highlights...I know). There are quite a few catches where he'd run, catch the ball with his hands without breaking his stride and pick up YAC...all seemingly looking like it was one natural motion.

That's what JB was...he was a natural pass-catcher. As good as Jimmy and Keenan were (and obviously we know how great those guys were at what they were able to do, Jimmy with his combination of speed and route running and Keenan his hands and route running), neither of which possessed this trait that Justin had.

He just made catching the football look...easy.

Pages: 1 2