Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sadly, the 2014 season is winding to a close, and for at least two division teams, the football withdrawal kicks in soon. The Colts, on the other hand, are going to the playoffs again after winning another division title by virtue of their superiority at the QB position, while Houston hopes to continue a rebound season by sneaking into the playoffs.

The picks....

Jacksonville (3-12) at Houston (8-7) -Battle between obvious improvement (Houston) and subtle improvement (Jaguars). Jaguars had no answer for Watt few weeks ago. Still no answer for him now. Texans win 28-17.

Indy (10-5) at Tennessee (2-13). The tacks still suck. Indy could rest starters. Colts win 27-17.
2-1 last week.

37-13 overall.

Texans over Jags

Colts over Titans

Initially I would normally take Texans over Jaguars, but I somehow have to catch CW.  That being said, here are my picks for this week.

Jaguars over Texans

Colts over Titans

1-2 last week.

36-14 overall.

Regardless of the outcome, this has been a fun "competition" and my hat is off to CW for being on top.

It's been fun. Thanks Bullseye for posting every week!

Week # 16 Results: 2-1

Overall 35-15

Week # 17:

Houston over Jacksonville.       I think this will be a one score game.

Indianapolis over Tennessee.   The only thing that could realistically keep this game close is if the Colts pull their starters early.

Great job by everyone that participated in the contest!

I am a little worried about our game, but because the Texans had to change quarterbacks again, I expect a smaller point differential in Houston.

The Titans need a miracle to win their game and they are not getting it. The Colts will not rest their starters because their seed (3 or 4) is still undecided.

Quote:I am a little worried about our game, but because the Texans had to change quarterbacks again, I expect a smaller point differential in Houston.

The Titans need a miracle to win their game and they are not getting it. The Colts will not rest their starters because their seed (3 or 4) is still undecided.

Um, no.  They are the 4th seed.
Quote:Um, no. They are the 4th seed.

Regardless of who wins the night game?
Quote:Regardless of who wins the night game?
Yes. The Colts are already locked into the 4th seed. They will host the loser of Steelers/Bengals tonight.

If Pitt wins tonight, they get #3 seed (by beating the Colts this year).

If Cincy wins, they get at least the #3 seed because of a better record than the Colts (fewer losses because of the tie).

Cincy also has a small chance to get the #2 seed if Denver loses (not likely) and Cincy wins. That would put the Broncos at #3.

Colts are already locked in #4.
tinhorns over Jags

colts over titans
Quote:Yes. The Colts are already locked into the 4th seed. They will host the loser of Steelers/Bengals tonight.

If Pitt wins tonight, they get #3 seed (by beating the Colts this year).

If Cincy wins, they get at least the #3 seed because of a better record than the Colts (fewer losses because of the tie).

Cincy also has a small chance to get the #2 seed if Denver loses (not likely) and Cincy wins. That would put the Broncos at #3.

Colts are already locked in #4.

Forget the #2 seed. Denver got it as expected.

Pittsburgh won, so the Bengals are going back to Indianapolis.
2-0 this week.

Finished 39-13.

Oops, missed out on the easy 2-0 week.

Oh well, I managed to pick 18-7 overall in the weeks I posted.

Made a "desperation pick" this week to try and at least tie CW and it didn't pay off.

1-1 This week.

Finished 37-15 on the season.

A big THANKS goes out to Bullseye for doing this, it was really fun. 

Congrats,  CW!

Thanks, Bullseye for all of your efforts with the AFC South prediction threads!