Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Prometheus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Any opinions about this film? I've heard that some have criticized it for its plot-holes, while others have called it one of the best Sci-Fi films to come out recently.

I thought it was decent, not as good as the Alien movies though. Funny enough, my favorite scene was the final one.

I liked it worth watching for sure
Meh.
I liked it.
It just could have been so much better.  The CGI was very well done.  The tension was built up nicely.  The one thing that really made me mad was the scene with the cobra like alien.  I mean, it looked like a cobra and it was a freaking alien (never mind the fact they were so scared before they left early only to get left behind) yet they tried to pet it???  That one scene really took away from the movie and it was not necessary. 

I liked it, nothing extraordinary, but it had enough to satisfy me since sci-fi is my favorite movie genre. I never really knew much about the film but back when I first saw the trailer I knew immediately it was a prologue to Alien.

It'd be nice if it can be followed up with another one.
I wasn't very impressed.

I'd suggest "Lockout" as an alternative.

That sticks out in my head because I watch both around the same time - one let me down and the other surprised me.

It was a huge pile of crap.

It was OK but anti climactic. I've heard rumors since it came out that a lot of it was just opening up the story for Prometheus 2