Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Evans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has he been coming on strong the last few games or is this an illusion from the Bud Light?

Josh evans has played pretty well this year. See no reason why he isn't on the squad next season.
He would make a good backup. Having a veteran ballhawking FS to compliment Cyprian would be nice,

I HATE Evans's inability to use his arms when he tackles.

Quote:I HATE Evans's inability to use his arms when he tackles.

What does he use
Quote:What does he use

His shoulder, Evans rarely wraps up the ball carrier.
Cyprien catches grief for missing tackles but Evans actually has one more on the season.

I agree with others though, he will make a decent backup to both safety spots.
I've loved the dude since his Florida days

Like a lot of you have mentioned if he was a backup and special teams guy I would be happy.  Her has been here 2 years, knows the scheme, could fill in for a series if need be.  Not a bad guy to have around.

After last night if we didn't trade our mid teen first rounder Reggie Nelson we wouldnt need a free safety.
Quote:Has he been coming on strong the last few games or is this an illusion from the Bud Light?
His entire NFL career 0 INTs and 3 PDs, but the stats dont show how many times he caused a big play on Offense by not only messing up his position but others on the team.  I think he was even cut and rehired at one point during this season.  He's played a bit better the last couple of weeks probably because he knows he has to since I'm sure they are evaluating his play in the off season.

He's a backup player at best from what I've seen over the last two years I've cursed his name more than thought of praise...

The DBs on the team are the worst in the NFL.  The safety play has been suspect at best.  The CBs are currently the 2nd lowest in the NFL with 5 INTs (which i think only one came from a DB player Ball oh I think Martin or Guy might have one too) still horrible and the reason teams start to realize that they can throw deep on the Jaguars if they bring in extra blockers for the DLine.
PFF gives him a -14.3 rating (82nd out of 86 rated safeties), and has him rated below average in coverage and even worse against the run.

Devin McCourty is a +12.1 (6th out of 86), and is well above average against both the run and pass. 

Bring on McCourty in free agency.

Quote:PFF gives him a -14.3 rating (82nd out of 86 rated safeties), and has him rated below average in coverage and even worse against the run.

Devin McCourty is a +12.1 (6th out of 86), and is well above average against both the run and pass.

Bring on McCourty in free agency.

Yes if he hits FA we have to sign him because the draft isn't looking good for FS right now
Quote:After last night if we didn't trade our mid teen first rounder Reggie Nelson we wouldnt need a free safety.

Even though I pointed out Evans' poor play, Nelson may teach us that sometimes you gotta stick with young players. Nelson didn't become a consistently good starter until 2012. Then again, his worst season was nowhere near as bad as Evans has been ranked this year. Nelson was middle of the pack prior to 2012.
He sucks.
Not a fan of Evans.  A few good plays here and there, but LOTS of misses, bad angles and blown assignments. 

I expect FS to be addressed early in the draft or with the best available FA at the position.   It's gotta' be upgraded for Gus' scheme to really come together properly.

Evans would be a decent back-up and still has some upside.  May do well on ST. 

Quote:He would make a good backup. Having a veteran ballhawking FS to compliment Cyprian would be nice,

In walks Earl Thomas.
I read an article on NFL.com that said McCourty will probably be franchised by New England.  So look at the Denver FS if the Jaguars sign one in FA.

Rahim Moore would be good too
Quote:I read an article on NFL.com that said McCourty will probably be franchised by New England.  So look at the Denver FS if the Jaguars sign one in FA.

Quote:Rahim Moore would be good too

I say throw the truck at Earl Thomas. He is the perfect candidate. He already knows the system. He's a great player. 

Pages: 1 2