Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Man Gives Homeless Person $100 And Is Surprised By The Result
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Man Gives Homeless Person $100 And Is Surprised By The Result
Josh Paler Lin, who has his own Youtube channel, gave a homeless man $100 and proceeded to follow him to see where the man would go and how he would spend the money.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/debate/jo...sed-result

That's a pretty good story.  Good for that guy.

I wonder what he would've done if the guy did use the $100 to but a bunch of booze.

Quote:I wonder what he would've done if the guy did use the $100 to but a bunch of booze.

Mock and ridicule!
From my experiance of being on the streets, Homeless people tend to look out for each other, It's how we survived

Quote:From my experiance of being on the streets, Homeless people tend to look out for each other, It's how we survived
I could see you having been homeless. I could also see you living by some kind of hobo code of honor.

On a related question; is the word hobo acceptable?
Quote:I could see you having been homeless. I could also see you living by some kind of hobo code of honor.

On a related question; is the word hobo acceptable?

a hobo is an itinerant worker, a career which sprang up during the depression. A hobo, unlike a bum or a tramp, is more than willing to work, but mostly for a short duration, as their main impetus is travel, the love of the journey above the actual destination. A bum is stationary, feeding off of those unfortunate enough to cross his path; a hobo merely travels from town to town, finding work when he can, but only for the sake of financing his next adventure. NEVER call a hobo a bum...they'll kick your sorry no-bo [BLEEP]!
Quote:a hobo is an itinerant worker, a career which sprang up during the depression. A hobo, unlike a bum or a tramp, is more than willing to work, but mostly for a short duration, as their main impetus is travel, the love of the journey above the actual destination. A bum is stationary, feeding off of those unfortunate enough to cross his path; a hobo merely travels from town to town, finding work when he can, but only for the sake of financing his next adventure. NEVER call a hobo a bum...they'll kick your sorry no-bo [BAD WORD REMOVED]!

dropping knowledge.
Quote:a hobo is an itinerant worker, a career which sprang up during the depression. A hobo, unlike a bum or a tramp, is more than willing to work, but mostly for a short duration, as their main impetus is travel, the love of the journey above the actual destination. A bum is stationary, feeding off of those unfortunate enough to cross his path; a hobo merely travels from town to town, finding work when he can, but only for the sake of financing his next adventure. NEVER call a hobo a bum...they'll kick your sorry no-bo [BAD WORD REMOVED]!

Hobo is actually Pre WW1.  It's a Civil War term.  After the war a bunch of people jumped on trains and went "Homeword Bound" It's actually a term for hitchhikers of the 1860's and 70's