Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Reinstates the Anti-Abortion “Global Gag Rule”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...ublic.html

So to women who get pregnant from being raped or incest you cant go to Planned Parenthood for advise because they will be defunded.
Quote:http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...ublic.html

So to women who get pregnant from being raped or incest you cant go to Planned Parenthood for advise because they will be defunded.

Do we have Planned Parenthood facilities outside of the US?

Trump reinstates ban on US funds promoting abortion overseas

"President Trump on Monday reignited the war over abortion by signing an executive order blocking foreign aid or federal funding for international nongovernmental organizations that provide or "promote" abortions.

The so-called Mexico City policy, established by Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1984, blocks federal funding for international family planning charities that provide abortions or "promote" the procedure by providing patients with information about it, including by offering referrals to abortion providers.

Referred to by critics as the "global gag rule," the policy has been subjected to a game of political football over the years, with Democratic presidents rescinding the policy upon taking office, as President Obama did in 2009, and Republican presidents reinstating it."

Quote:Do we have Planned Parenthood facilities outside of the US?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/abortion/315652-trump-signs-executive-order-reinstating-global-gag-rule-on'>Trump reinstates ban on US funds promoting abortion overseas</a>

"President Trump on Monday reignited the war over abortion by signing an executive order blocking foreign aid or federal funding for international nongovernmental organizations that provide or "promote" abortions.

The so-called Mexico City policy, established by Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1984, blocks federal funding for international family planning charities that provide abortions or "promote" the procedure by providing patients with information about it, including by offering referrals to abortion providers.

Referred to by critics as the "global gag rule," the policy has been subjected to a game of political football over the years, with Democratic presidents rescinding the policy upon taking office, as President Obama did in 2009, and Republican presidents reinstating it."

Yawn. Of course he reinstated it just as the Democrat will cancel it. Like a washing machine the cycle just spins.
Good.  It should become permanent policy because it makes sense.

I thought racist Trump would be FOR aborting minority children in other countries?

I'm so confused.

Quote:I thought racist Trump would be FOR aborting minority children in other countries?

I'm so confused.

That would be Woman's Champion Hillary "The Fetus Destroyer" Clinton..
So cutting back federally funded international programs to save money for the U.S. taxpayers. And one that had been illegal since 1973. Hmm, well doesn't that just suck!

Federal tax dollars should not be going to any institution that provides abortions.  Obamacare was supposed to provide that.

My least favorite political bargaining chip. The moral superiority that lobbies hardest for anti abortion laws are the one as responsible for over half of the abortions in America. Maybe their message isn't working.
Quote:My least favorite political bargaining chip. The moral superiority that lobbies hardest for anti abortion laws are the one as responsible for over half of the abortions in America. Maybe their message isn't working.
I'm ok with pulling Federal funding from abortion procedures in and out of the US. With that said, the choice should still exist and out of your own pocket. As far as the second part of your post, I'm not clear what you are getting at, but since you are the resident pot stirrer I have an idea. Minorities make up the largest percentage of abortions within the US and I'm fairly certain they are mostly Democrat.

http://www.operationrescue.org/about-abo...n-america/

http://www.people-press.org/2016/07/07/2...eferences/

http://www.people-press.org/2016/09/13/2...1992-2016/

Not the morally superior demographic I was referencing which seems to rally around this faux political battle.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/01/23/trump_reinstates_the_anti_abortion_global_gag_rule_that_has_been_a_public.html'>http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/01/23/trump_reinstates_the_anti_abortion_global_gag_rule_that_has_been_a_public.html</a>

Liarrrrrrr liarrrrrrr liarrrrrrrrrr
Quote:I thought racist Trump would be FOR aborting minority children in other countries?

I'm so confused.

Now you'll really scare the children
Quote:My least favorite political bargaining chip. The moral superiority that lobbies hardest for anti abortion laws are the one as responsible for over half of the abortions in America. Maybe their message isn't working.

I don't care if you or people of your ilk want to have an abortion.  I do care when it happens on my dime though.  I'm actually one of those tax payers that actually pays tax.  I very seldom get a tax "refund" when I do file my taxes.

There is no denying that a lot of the people seeking these abortions probably rely on their tax "refund" in order to help pay for the process.  The problem is that their "refund" is usually probably more than what was withheld initially.

I refuse to fund or pay for the barbaric process myself.
Quote:Not the morally superior demographic I was referencing which seems to rally around this faux political battle.

50 million dead is a faux argument
Quote:I don't care if you or people of your ilk want to have an abortion. I do care when it happens on my dime though. I'm actually one of those tax payers that actually pays tax. I very seldom get a tax "refund" when I do file my taxes.

There is no denying that a lot of the people seeking these abortions probably rely on their tax "refund" in order to help pay for the process. The problem is that their "refund" is usually probably more than what was withheld initially.

I refuse to fund or pay for the barbaric process myself.

The economic impact of unwanted children in society far outweighs the costs to allow women to have abortions for children they don't want.

Giving women a choice is better than not giving women a choice. It's pretty simple. If you don't believe in it, don't have one.
Quote:The economic impact of unwanted children in society far outweighs the costs to allow women to have abortions for children they don't want.

Giving women a choice is better than not giving women a choice. It's pretty simple. If you don't believe in it, don't have one.

The economic impact is far outweighed by the spiritual one.
Quote:The economic impact of unwanted children in society far outweighs the costs to allow women to have abortions for children they don't want.

No one is taking away a woman's choice. This only takes away using tax dollars. A person who wants an abortion can pay for it herself, find a doctor willing to do it for free, or maybe you could pay for one for someone else.

Quote:No one is taking away a woman's choice. This only takes away using tax dollars. A person who wants an abortion can pay for it herself, find a doctor willing to do it for free, or maybe you could pay for one for someone else.
Does it take away funding for more than abortions? Do you know many pro bono doctors? C'mon.. this is a bunch of men deciding the rights of women. It's a dumb tug of war.
Quote:Does it take away funding for more than abortions? Do you know many pro bono doctors? C'mon.. this is a bunch of men deciding the rights of women. It's a dumb tug of war.

Do what you like, I don't want to pay for it. Simple enough for you?
Pages: 1 2 3