Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roy Miller vs Vince Manuwai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 54204898E.jpg]

http://jacksonville.com/slideshow/2014-1...m#slide-39

Kind of fun throwback to 2009.

Manuwai was strong man

Manuwai is one of, if not the most underrated players we've been lucky enough to have play for us. He was simply dominant in both pass protection and run blocking.
If he could have kept himself better conditioned, he could have been a great player.

Garrard had tree trunks for legs. Holy smokes.
Quote:Garrard had tree trunks for legs. Holy smokes.
Dude was built like a tank. Looked more like a linebacker than a quarterback.
Quote:Garrard had tree trunks for legs. Holy smokes.

He looks like a power lifter now. Looks like he has been hanging out with Greg Jones.
Quote:Manuwai is one of, if not the most underrated players we've been lucky enough to have play for us. He was simply dominant in both pass protection and run blocking.

Yeah, he was a real forklift.

He helped create the best run blocking line the team ever had during Garrard's tenure.
I think our 2004-2007 Oline was the best in our franchise.  Even better than the 90's. Remember the 2007 game against the Bucs and Garrard was hurt, insert Gray, and they march down the field on every play on their first drive running it.  That was pretty bold by Del Rio.

The Jaguars best Offensive line was in 1999 with ProBowl player LT Tony Boselli and ProBowl Player RT Leon Searcy.

Quote:The Jaguars best Offensive line was in 1999 with ProBowl player LT Tony Boselli and ProBowl Player RT Leon Searcy.

Chris Naeole (sp?) and Vince Manuwai were an extremely formidable guard combo. No one could stop the Jags run game. 

Can you imagine a line with Searcy, Boselli, Manuwai, Naeole and a young Brad Meester all in their prime? Unstoppable. I hope Dave Caldwell attempts to build an offensive line that strong. 
Quote:Chris Naeole (sp?) and Vince Manuwai were an extremely formidable guard combo. No one could stop the Jags run game. 

Can you imagine a line with Searcy, Boselli, Manuwai, Naeole and a young Brad Meester all in their prime? Unstoppable. I hope Dave Caldwell attempts to build an offensive line that strong. 

I've always been of the school of thought that a QB can make the line look great.  Obviously in the passing attack but take pressure off the run game and allow for easy plays.  Hopefully Bortles can make it happen.
Quote:Manuwai is one of, if not the most underrated players we've been lucky enough to have play for us. He was simply dominant in both pass protection and run blocking.

He was an absolute turnstile in pass blocking, but he was surely one of the better road graders.
Yeah I don't remember him being a good pass blocker. Naoele was a very good all round guard however
Look at how nice the Bucs unis were then

WOWWW hahaha. Great find.