Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags building blocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/young-jagua...--nfl.html

This article highlights how the Jags have some really solid pieces in place.  i don't know if it was already posted, but the article is a good read.  I agree with a lot of it, except i would give Bowanko a little more credit.

Check it out and enjoy

They still have a ways to go but it was encouraging the other night that so many rookie and second year players were making key plays.

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.  My concern are Joekel and Bowanko.  Lineman should flash pretty quick as Linder has.  Technique is a factor but winning the line of scrimmage is either something you can or can't do.  Considering we are 21 in rushing and 1st in giving up sacks we have a long way to go.  Not sure 5 months of offseason training is going to make that big of a difference if nothing changes.

Quote:Good stuff. Thanks for posting.  My concern are Joekel and Bowanko.  Lineman should flash pretty quick as Linder has.  Technique is a factor but winning the line of scrimmage is either something you can or can't do.  Considering we are 21 in rushing and 1st in giving up sacks we have a long way to go.  Not sure 5 months of offseason training is going to make that big of a difference if nothing changes.

I think Bowanko has flashed the ability to get up the field and block on the 2nd level.

He struggles mightily at the point of attack though.  I don't mind him, but I would love to get a swing G/C in the draft that can push both Beadles and Bowanko for playing time.

As well as a legit RT of course.

My wish list:

RT like Scherff

G/C combination