Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tommy Campbell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone seen enough of Campbell to get a read on him? I noticed he's now the primary backup to Gratz, and had a few tackles in the last game. Going forward to next year is he making the 53?

I didn't even know there was a "Tommy Campbell" on the team. 

At least one of his tackles was on special teams I believe. I think he is just a roster filler.

I'm so naive to the bottom end of this roster. Seems like 5 years ago I could rattle off the 53 man roster and practice squad like it was nothing, now I'm lucky if I know the top 30.
He seems like he could be a decent special teams contributor going foward. I think all of his tackles were on punt/kick returns on Thursday.

Tommie Campbell is number 38.  He seems to have taken Prosinski's spot on special teams.  Currently he is one of the first players downfield on kickoff/punt return coverage.  Don't know his skills as a CB, but he is listed as a 4th year player.

It is borderline for him to be on the 53 next year.  Colvin, Gratz, and McCray come back next year.  As for S the team needs a starting FS and a backup SS.  The Jaguars could move Evans to the backup SS and get 2 FS in FA and the draft.  The team may keep Blackmon and Ball.  That would leave two slots for Campbell to compete and claim.

He's a special teams beast.

Camp arm. 

Quote:I didn't even know there was a "Tommy Campbell" on the team. 
Same here, haha.  I clicked on this thread fully expecting to see a "needs to be moved, this is where we talk about Jaguars".

Quote:Camp arm. 
Great first post!  It's like when Word suggests you save your document under a name based on the first few words...

It seemed like on every kick vs Tenn I heard "Tommie Campbell in on the play."

Not sure how good he is at DB but he seems pretty good at Special Teams.

I'm with ya.
He's a special teams gunner. Nothing more, nothing less. He could become a core special teams player or he could be easily replaced as we add talent to the team this offseason. He'll probably stick around for preseason battles.

Yeah that about sums it up I think.