Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Conspiracies and theories thereof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been binging on some old Art Bell broadcasts and others recently. I can't get enough of this stuff. Some of these are just ridiculous (flat earth) while others are fascinating (Philadelphia Experiment) To me at least.

Any other posters interested in this stuff? I live a few hours from Point Pleasant, WV where the "Mothman" stuff happened. I think I'm going to take a weekend trip there this summer.

As Fox Moulder said "I want to believe"
The Flat Earth Society's forum has brought me a lot of humor on days where I am VERY bored.
Quote:The Flat Earth Society's forum has brought me a lot of humor on days where I am VERY bored.

Oh I was watching some Flat Earth videos while donating blood recently. Had to stop myself from laughing too loud.
I used to listen to Art Bell years ago when I worked the graveyard shift for a while. Michio Kaku, who is now mainstream, was a frequent guest of his.
I listen to a podcast called Stuff They Don't Want You To Know that is along those lines.

They did a Flat Earth episode as well as a Hollow Earth eiposede. Pretty entertaining.
Quote:The Flat Earth Society's forum has brought me a lot of humor on days where I am VERY bored.

I was not aware this was a thing. It was quite...interesting to say the least lol
abovetopsecret is a pretty good forum with a lot of that stuff, I peruse it from time to time, they have sections on pretty much any conspiracy that tickles your fancy.  

Sometimes when I work either really late or really early, I check out the sasquatch news on 104.5 with ole George Noory..

Still waiting to hear what happened to the Mexican guy who called in that got raped by the gay ghost.
Quote:Still waiting to hear what happened to the Mexican guy who called in that got raped by the gay ghost.

What?! Was that a legit call?
Quote:What?! Was that a legit call?

Yup.. There's some real doozies
Quote:Yup.. There's some real doozies

That's awesome.
Quote:That's awesome.

He's on from 1am to 5am on 104.5 here in Jax..
9/11 truther

Quote:Sometimes when I work either really late or really early, I check out the sasquatch news on 104.5 with ole George Noory..

Still waiting to hear what happened to the Mexican guy who called in that got raped by the gay ghost.

George Noory used to fill in for Art Bell, then took over Bell's time slot when he was forced to go into hiding because of a tragic incident with his son. Very sad and bizarre.
There's a lot of good theories out there and some that are so out of left field even the people with the heaviest tin foil hats on would stop and say "Wait a minute". 

I start with the more realistic ones. Inside corruption within our Government. CIA drug running and assassinating. False flag attacks. Federal Reserve Banking history. Petro dollar, Israel's true purpose in politics. The Catholic Jesuit priesthood. MKUltra, etc.

What's funny is that a lot of these theories were being thrown around decades ago and they were laughed off but then documents like Operation Northwoods and some of the experiments the CIA had conducted on the public between the effects of LSD and Syphilis on our bodies and mind was troubling. And they were all supported with proof. 

I've heard about the Flat Earth and Hollow Earth theories. I avoid those. It's too far out for me. I've approached them in the past with major skepticism and criticism. As far as the Ancient Astronaut theories. Some of it's plausible to me and then some of it's really just bunk. But then again, I feel like that about most religions today. 

If I had to recommend a rabbit hole to check into. One documentary that I fully respect and it comes heavy to the forefront with sources and reasonable data. Look up "Everything is a rich man's trick". It's a good three hour long watch or listen. But it'll really pique your interest and get you to think and question a lot of things. You may even have to pause sometimes in disbelief only to do some fact checking on your own and then come back for more when you realize it's legitimate claims or data. 

Quote:I listen to a podcast called Stuff They Don't Want You To Know that is along those lines.

They did a Flat Earth episode as well as a Hollow Earth eiposede. Pretty entertaining.

I like those guys over there on Stuff they don't want you to know. They provide a non biased approach. They don't give off the idea that they lean towards anything other bringing it into discussion and possibilities. 
Quote:There's a lot of good theories out there and some that are so out of left field even the people with the heaviest tin foil hats on would stop and say "Wait a minute".

I start with the more realistic ones. Inside corruption within our Government. CIA drug running and assassinating. False flag attacks. Federal Reserve Banking history. Petro dollar, Israel's true purpose in politics. The Catholic Jesuit priesthood. MKUltra, etc.

What's funny is that a lot of these theories were being thrown around decades ago and they were laughed off but then documents like Operation Northwoods and some of the experiments the CIA had conducted on the public between the effects of LSD and Syphilis on our bodies and mind was troubling. And they were all supported with proof.

I've heard about the Flat Earth and Hollow Earth theories. I avoid those. It's too far out for me. I've approached them in the past with major skepticism and criticism. As far as the Ancient Astronaut theories. Some of it's plausible to me and then some of it's really just bunk. But then again, I feel like that about most religions today.

If I had to recommend a rabbit hole to check into. One documentary that I fully respect and it comes heavy to the forefront with sources and reasonable data. Look up "Everything is a rich man's trick". It's a good three hour long watch or listen. But it'll really pique your interest and get you to think and question a lot of things. You may even have to pause sometimes in disbelief only to do some fact checking on your own and then come back for more when you realize it's legitimate claims or data.

MKUltra is really interesting. Especially with all the recent supporting documentation like you said. The TV show "Fringe" dives into that a lot.

Flat Earth is ridiculous. It's good for a laugh, but I just can't take it seriously.

I have a lot of drive time for work today, I'll be checking out the one you mentioned
I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist on many occasions. While I may be into things like bigfoot, aliens, the Kennedy assassination there are other things like the Flat Earth Society that just make me laugh. I'm a big X-Files fan and I pretty much watch anything involving conspiracy related content. That stuff fascinates me.

Quote:I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist on many occasions. While I may be into things like bigfoot, aliens, the Kennedy assassination there are other things like the Flat Earth Society that just make me laugh. I'm a big X-Files fan and I pretty much watch anything involving conspiracy related content. That stuff fascinates me.

Kind of into the same type of material. I remember being very young and running across World Mystery books in our elementary school libraries that my parents were surprised something that was so in detail and in depth actually existed inside a public school of that reading level. 

But it got me into Bigfoot, UFO's, Ghosts, etc. Some of that I kind of delve into but a lot of it I try to avoid because it does bring a lot of stigma. That's kind of why I really enjoy the Ancient Aliens series on History because it's presented in a way that doesn't seem so lunacy.

I have really kind of taken a step back from all of that though for years now. Like the idea of Area 51 housing aliens and UFO technology. I don't really buy into that concept of it but what I would find more plausible is that our military has invested a plethora of tax payer dollars into black budget technology which should be highly classified and hidden from the public for obvious safety reasons and breaching fears. 

The more and more you sift through our Government's history and other governments around the world and some of their pretty controversial agencies and their practices. The more and more you feel the need to be skeptical of such lofty claims or sightings because I honestly feel like some of it is deliberate deception and decoys. They've gotten ahead of the public by spreading misinformation within actual, truthful information to keep people guessing. 

It's an old trick but it just so happens to work. I am really into the Sumerian culture, the Dark Ages and some of the pre-history beliefs of Egyptian culture. I am also into the challenges of modern Darwin theory and Creation theory. As I feel BOTH fields were wrong on some levels and right on a few levels but neither being the 100% absolute truth of our existence. 

Pages: 1 2 3