Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who you got on the chopping block following the season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
My List so Far

Cecil Shorts:  Let him walk.  Gene's stench is all over him.  He will occasionally make a big play and then miss 3 more.  Tired of him coming up short

M. Lewis:  His salary is asinine to his production.  Cut him and use the Money for 2 good players or even a great one.  Bye

Poz:  I like poz but his age, his salary, and he is coming off a major injury does not make sense to keep him.  If he would restructure his deal then I would like to see him stay but don't know if he is willing.

C. Henne:  It scares me if bortles ever had to miss time we have to rely on this guy.  Cut him and draft a backup

Ace Sanders:  After his suspension he has played more like colonel sanders.  Cut him

I thought we just "kept chopping wood"?
My list looks like yours
Quote:My List so Far

Cecil Shorts:  Let him walk.  Gene's stench is all over him.  He will occasionally make a big play and then miss 3 more.  Tired of him coming up short

M. Lewis:  His salary is asinine to his production.  Cut him and use the Money for 2 good players or even a great one.  Bye

Poz:  I like poz but his age, his salary, and he is coming off a major injury does not make sense to keep him.  If he would restructure his deal then I would like to see him stay but don't know if he is willing.

C. Henne:  It scares me if bortles ever had to miss time we have to rely on this guy.  Cut him and draft a backup

Ace Sanders:  After his suspension he has played more like colonel sanders.  Cut him
add sam young to that list...
Lewis

Sanders

Shorts

Young

we need to upgrade several positions but those 4 guys regardless of what we do should go.

As for Henne, i'd like to have a different backup but I don't want a rookie backing up Bortles. If we can't snag someone in FA then keep Henne.

Really aren't very many others to cut.  they might lose out in training camp to competition brought in.  but so many young players on smaller salaries makes cutting them at season end, is unlikely other than the obvious ones you named.  maybe gerhart if its cap friendly enough.  but im betting they keep him

No point to cut Ace Sanders before training camp. See if he puts his head into getting better during the offseason first; this guy had 51 catches as a rookie.

Shorts is gone.

Marcedes has to be gone.

Poz needs to stay one more year unless we sign a good MLB in FA. I'd like to see them draft a young guy and have him develop under Poz for a year. If I know anything about Posluzny, he's going to come back prepared and healed from his injury. He isn't the most athletic, but he's a tackling machine and a great leader. This dude tore his freaking pectoral muscle and continued to play...the guy should get another year, provided he is healthy.

Sam Young is dead to me.

I wish they would replace Bryan Anger. The guy has a boot, but is wildly inaccurate, and totally unable to coffin corner a ball. I don't know that he's placed a ball on the one yard line in his whole career here.

Jacques McClendon is on the same boat as Sam Young.

Chad Henne. That's all I should have to say.
If this was to happen would expect Cecil to end up in Cleveland
Bye cecil Lewis and young.
Yeah, Young needs to go also
Poz is going nowhere. They'll probably just let him finish his 2 years and he'll retire a Jag.

Lewis

Cecil

Poz

Sam Young

I think Ace is fine to keep as a 5th WR. Get an OC who can find ways to get him 2-3 creative touches in space per game and he can be useful, especially on 3rd downs. 

Quote:Poz is going nowhere. They'll probably just let him finish his 2 years and he'll retire a Jag.

I know theyve been talking him up, but they did the same with Monroe. 
Quote:Poz is going nowhere. They'll probably just let him finish his 2 years and he'll retire a Jag.
Depends on the draft. If we get Perryman or McKinney I think you can say bye to Poz
This team has so much youth, that I don't think you make a ton of cuts. I think you do let some guys walk like Shorts .. Marcedes Base on his contract is slightly less next year, so I'm not anxious to get rid of him. I think it's time the Jags tried to upgrade the position but who is really there? 

Overall, you bring a lot of guys back into camp, with your Free Agent signing and draft picks and make those decisions in July and August. If this were a veteran team that had cap trouble, it would be different. 
I'm a fan so no one.

Quote:I'm a fan so no one.
if you are a fan you would want the players that aren't producing to go and bring ones in that will
Notable FA's

Geno Hayes - Bring em' back for depth only if the price is right.

Cecil Shorts - They can't use him right and he isn't playing well. Let em' walk. I think he'll produce with a better team.

Alan Ball - Bring em' back for depth only if the price is right.

Jordan Todman - Sign him at the minimum for a training camp battle vs. Storm Johnson.

JT Thomas - Depth only at a good price.

Mclendon - He brings nothing. We can upgrade in the draft

Will Taufoou - Decent. Sign and have him battle a rookie for the FB spot.

Auston Paztor - Our RT spot is in shambles. Young isn't doing well. Sign him to a cheap contract and draft competition.

Ryan Davis - Hes a bottle rocket. Sign em

M. Lewis, Sam young, Henne, Scobbee, Anger, alualu, and W. Blackmon are 2016 free agents. However, Lewis and Young need to be cut. O-line, TE, Linebacker, and WR (Vet. only) should all be positions of interest in the offseason.
I think Shorts sealed his fate on Thursday night.  Lewis is probably overpaid for what you get with him and Sam Young can go too as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not sure about cutting Henne yet.  I think he's doing everything he's been asked to do and he's handled himself with class as far as I can tell.  I'm certainly more comfortable with him backing up Bortles than I would be with Morris being our only option.  I think Ace is as good as gone too.

I want to go back to Henne and Lewis. You do have to consider that you would still be paying them next season, and even if Lewis is overpaid, I'd rather be using that money, because there are not many options if at all to replace him. Thomas and Jordan are the two biggest names (even Housler and Gresham arent any better than Lewis), and you are going to have to pay them more than the 6mil a year you'd be paying Lewis. 

Your best draft options are very debatable, can Funchess be a dependable blocker? Is Maxx Williams good enough for the big leagues? You really are looking for a mid-late round gem just to give up 6mil in dead money. 

I feel the same with Henne, he's a leader on the team and knows the offense, why cut him and keep paying him, he's most likely going to be on the bench the entire year, he offers too much. No he's not a good QB, but if he were playing for an extended period of time, this team wouldn't be any better than with a 4th round draft pick

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5