Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Defensive foundational players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marks

McCray

Telvin

ColVin

Needs to take another step:

Davis

C. Smith

JT Thomas

Branch

I think this group has 6 quality starters for next season and the future. 2 will likely regress and 1 may reach their star potential.

Folks like Miller, Poz, Cyp will be here till they get outplayed for their $.

Even though this defense is getting shredded statistically I believe we have the majority of our starters in place for the next 5 years.

A 5 tech DE may be on the roster, but a star studded LEO, FS, OLB/OTTO, and depth is what we need to acquire (nickel and pass rushers).
You don't put Cyp in the take the next step group?
Quote:You don't put Cyp in the take the next step group?
judging by his last 2 games he looks like he could be taking the next step. Hopefully he can keep it up
Don't forget Randy Gregory

I want to see more about Ryan Davis.

293 snaps played (28% of the team's snaps), 6.5 sacks and 2 FF.

Quote:I want to see more about Ryan Davis.

No way! That's awesome
Quote:I want to see more about Ryan Davis.

This doesn't get mentioned very often, but Davis is a Gene Smith find.
Davis is a very good pass rusher, but he only plays 28% of the snaps because he's a dismal run defender I would imagine.

JPP is a FA this offseason and is a beast at stopping the run. It would be awesome to have him on 1st and 2nd down, with Davis subbing in on every passing situation.
Quote:Davis is a very good pass rusher, but he only plays 28% of the snaps because he's a dismal run defender I would imagine.

JPP is a FA this offseason and is a beast at stopping the run. It would be awesome to have him on 1st and 2nd down, with Davis subbing in on every passing situation.
Yes, yes it would!
Quote:You don't put Cyp in the take the next step group?

I don't think we should give up on Gratz yet either.

Quote:I don't think we should give up on Gratz yet either.

Agreed. Especially if he is including rotational players like Branch/ Davis / Smith / Thomas.
Ya, no way, too early for that talk!

You say it because you have a bubble gum username Smile

I'm not sold on Cyp or Gratz as foundations for the defense.  Maybe I'm giving up on them too quick, I'd love to be wrong.