Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where do you rank our rookies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. Brandon Linder

2. Allen Robinson

3. Telvin Smith

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Blake Bortles

6. Marqise Lee

7. Luke Bowanko

8. Storm Johnson

9. Chris Smith

I probably should swap Bortles and Colvin but Colvin has impressed me that much. Bottles will be tops on that list next year, I'm sure

1. Allen Robinson

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2. Brandon Linder

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3. Telvin Smith

<div>4. Blake Bortles
5. Marqise Lee
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">6. Aaron Colvin

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">7. Luke Bowanko

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">8. Storm Johnson

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">9. Chris Smith

</div>

Colvin is good, and I like him a lot, but he hasn't played enough games to warrant being above Blake in terms of rookie production.

Robinson is the clear cut #1 for me. He was the teams most reliable receiver before he went down, and Bortles YPA has dropped significantly in his absence.

- I forgot Hurns. I'd put him between Linder and Telvin.

1. Brandon Linder

2. Allen Robinson

3. Telvin Smith

4. Allen Hurns

5. Aaron Colvin

6. Luke Bowanko

7. Blake Bortles

8. Marquise Lee

9. Chris Smith

10. Storm Johnson
Quote:1. Allen Robinson

<div>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2. Brandon Linder

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3. Telvin Smith

<div>4. Blake Bortles
5. Marqise Lee
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">6. Aaron Colvin

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">7. Luke Bowanko

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">8. Storm Johnson

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">9. Chris Smith

</div>

Colvin is good, and I like him a lot, but he hasn't played enough games to warrant being above Blake in terms of rookie production.

Robinson is the clear cut #1 for me. He was the teams most reliable receiver before he went down, and Bortles YPA has dropped significantly in his absence.

- I forgot Hurns. I'd put him between Linder and Telvin.

</div>
I forgot Hurns, too! Just goes to show how good this rookie class was
Quote:I probably should swap Bortles and Colvin but Colvin has impressed me that much. Bottles will be tops on that list next year, I'm sure

Here's to hoping you're right! Best thing that could happen.
How do you forget Hurns, but name Storm Johnson, Bowanko, and Smith?  [Image: facepalm.gif]

Quote:How do you forget Hurns, but name Storm Johnson, Bowanko, and Smith?  [Image: facepalm.gif]

Draft picks. I was looking at a draft pick list.
8 starters at least some but most all. WOW!

Quote:8 starters at least some but most all. WOW!

Storm Johnson started only one game. Chris Smith and Aaron Colvin never started a game. So there can't be more than 7 starters.
Quote:8 starters at least some but most all. WOW!
Not bad. Even if you are down on the 2013 class (I probably give them about a 'C' grade right now), it is tough to ignore how good this class is. Several strong examples of players that don't just show flashes and appear like the might be good, but are good now as rookies. 
1. Blake Bortles (He is most talented player on offense, come on guys) 

2. Telvin Smith (AFC D player of the week, amazing production from 5th round pick)

3. Allen Robinson (He's like AJ Green, got hands like glue) 

4. Brandon Linder 

5. Allen Hurns 

6. Aaron Colvin 

7. Marqise Lee 

8. Luke Bowanko 

9. Others haven't done enough to warrant a ranking
1.  Brandon Linder

2.  Allen Hurns

3.  Allen Robinson

4.  Telvin Smith

5.  Aaron Colvin

6.  Blake Bortles

7.  Marqise Lee

8.  Luke Bowanko

9.  Chris Smith

10.Storm Johnson

Linder

Arob

Telvin

Marquis

Bortles

Colvin (due to sample size)

What a great draft class. Hopefully none of them screw up or regress in the offseason like Ace Sanders has.

It's hard for me to rank them personally. One could argue that Hurns deserves to be at the top of that list, along with Bortles and Linder, and maybe even Allen Robinson, who I think was going to get real close to breaking 1000 in his rookie year if not for the injury.
Linder has been awesome! This board makes me proud sometimes and this is one of those times. It's great to see a guard get his due respect, I'd put him first also. The rest I don't care to rank, but wow could be a historical haul. Hoping for no sophomore slumps.
Quote:Linder

Arob

Telvin

Marquis

Bortles

Colvin (due to sample size)
the guy that will finish with 50 receptions, 700 yds, and at least 6 TDs doesn't even get ranked on your list. Disrespect
Hurns

Linder

Smith

Bortles

Robinson

Bowanko

Lee

Colvin

C. Smith

Johnson

What a draft! I'm sure a few will regress and not be a part of the team long term (maybe), but wow it was so hard to rank these guys.
Not much love for Bowanko. He's played well. Yes he can improve but he good.
Hurns/AR15 set an nfl record for rookies with at least 48 receptions on the year.
Pages: 1 2 3