Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: tacks trading for Cutler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This rumor has been floating around.  This article suggests Cutler is benched to prevent injury.  Personally, as a anti-tacks guy, I like the idea of them trading for Cutler.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sp...ee-titans/

They'd be foolish to think a 2nd rounder can get it done but even more foolish if they'd give up the #1 (if they ended up with it).

Quote:This rumor has been floating around.  This article suggests Cutler is benched to prevent injury.  Personally, as a anti-tacks guy, I like the idea of them trading for Cutler.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sp...ee-titans/

I can only pray the tacks make that move.

I'd love to see them mired in misery with Cutler for the next half decade.
This trade could involve a mere swap of Rd 2 positions, whereby the Titans get Jay Cutler and Pick 40 for Pick 33, which would equate to a mid Rd 4 pick, much like the Jags got for Eugene Monroe.

oh the tack deserve Cutler please almighty make this happen!!!

It's a total tack move, let this happen please!
Sell the farm tacks, sell the farm.
I would lol
Sigh, I know the popular thing is to hate Cutler, but if the Titans picked him up they'd immediately become better.

The only way I'd hope for the Titans to do this is if they went after Cutler instead of drafting Mariota (which I doubt they do...) 

Quote:Sigh, I know the popular thing is to hate Cutler, but if the Titans picked him up they'd immediately become better.

The only way I'd hope for the Titans to do this is if they went after Cutler instead of drafting Mariota (which I doubt they do...)
I hate to say it, but i agree wth you... Cutler is way better than anything the tacks have... If they moved the ball ocassionaly on our d with charlie as the qb, they probably would have smoked use with cutler.
Mistake-prone or not, he'll likely end the season with 4,000+ yards and 30+ touchdowns. The titans only get better after this... we can't even stop Whitehurst, and Cutler is far better than he is.

its come down to people saying cutler makes them better......

he doesnt. he stinks. hes a proven locker room problem and a turnover machine. 

they have met right now who might turn out to be good and they also have a shot at another high pick qb. 

taking cutler will effectively eliminate met progressing or them possibly hitting it big with mariota. 

theyre made for each other. 

Quote:Sigh, I know the popular thing is to hate Cutler, but if the Titans picked him up they'd immediately become better.

They would become better, but they'd also stop right there.

Cutler's a dead end street. He might get you closer to your destination in the short term, but in the long run he'd only end up setting them back.

He's been in the league 9 seasons and he's never had a passer rating as high as 90, and it's not like he isn't already surrounded by offensive talent.

I'd LOVE to see the titans trade for him.
The pricetag is unavoidable.  So, I wouldn't assume because of the money they'd have interest in him for a long term solution.

I'd think they'd probably use him a year while they continue to develop Mettenberger.

It's just that QBs like him (no matter how you feel about him) usually still don't become available.  He fits their system.

In their favor, the pricetag may also limit competition for him.

Cutler definitely has talent, but he is such a head case.

It's like he doesn't care about anything, including winning football games.

That's just a bad trait to have as a QB,

His talent will win some games, but his I don't care attitude will never get you far in the playoffs, if you get to the playoffs.

Of course there will probably be a few teams that would take him over their current starting QB based on his talent alone.

They will think they can make it work with him.

Only Cutler can change Cutler, and that won't be easy, especially as long as he's been in the league.
Titans trading for Cutler?

[Image: 214.gif]

Quote:They would become better, but they'd also stop right there.

Cutler's a dead end street. He might get you closer to your destination in the short term, but in the long run he'd only end up setting them back.

He's been in the league 9 seasons and he's never had a passer rating as high as 90, and it's not like he isn't already surrounded by offensive talent.

I'd LOVE to see the titans trade for him.

This right here
I hope so

I feel like I dont hate cutler as much as everyone else... Id be nervous for them to pick him up only because I feel like that would only help them out, unless they sell the farm Wink

To those defending him, i'd say this:  I agree with you that he is better than anything they have and would make them immediately better.  However, the amount he would cost would preclude them from affording other high payed FAs and if the bears required a large price for him draft pick wise, that would yet further hurt them.  So it would give them an immediate lift, but overall i think it would hurt the team more than it would help.  I'm all for it, however i'd be shocked if they didn't take Mariota or Winston.

Pages: 1 2