Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Looking back at this season.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its been a rough season, ups and many downs, but one thing I will say above all, I believe Gus is the proper coach for this team, despite the adversity, the injuries, the oftentime bad mistakes, they kept playing hard.

The giants game, down 21-0 cameback to win, Titans down 10-0 and we looked hoooorrible until the end of the second half. Then boom 21 unanswered points.

This team still has a good amount of work that needs to done but Rome wasn't built in a day, every building starts with a small cornerstone and I believe this team has it.

Give our rookies some time to mature learn the offense(remember bortles didn't even have a full offseason) and simply get experience. Realistically im seeing 6-10 or 7-9 next year then playoff contender the following year. Of course i'd love for us to be in wildcard contention next year which is completely possible.

Just have to believe.(and imo a new offensive coordinator....by god some of the playcalls we get....)

Agree. A win against the Texans next week would be a huge momentum builder going into next season.

I was hoping for more wins this season but I was still nervous to take that bet early in the season that Vegas had about the jags not winning 5 games. I just had that feeling with all these young guys that we wouldnt pull out many W's which has been the case.

This young Oline has been killer for the rest of our young O but hopefully that gets fixed in the offseason and we see true improvements next year.

"Seriously, as much as experience should help, here’s the truth about the roster. There are holes, but not the multitude that general manager Dave Caldwell and coach Gus Bradley inherited. For the first time in their tenure, most of their flaws can be solved in one offseason."

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...tra-points

Disagree.

Beating a 2-12 Titans team isn't going to change my outlook on Gus.

No matter how you slice it, 3-12 is a failure, and, an indictment of the 'plan'.

Most of the better teams have a successful HC at the top AND a less than successful former HC at one or both coordinator positions. We have neither.

Bortles' mentor is Henne, another big mistake, and it shows.

I want to be positive, there is just damn little to be positive about.

The D-line is the only thing I can point to.

It was an awful season. And next year will likely be a repeat. Am I supposed to look forward to 6-10? Peeyoo
Quote:Disagree.

[Image: debbiedowner.jpg]
Quote:No matter how you slice it, 3-12 is a failure, and, an indictment of the 'plan'.

Most of the better teams have a successful HC at the top AND a less than successful former HC at one or both coordinator positions. We have neither.

It was an awful season. And next year will likely be a repeat. Am I supposed to look forward to 6-10? Peeyoo

You really are a TRUE fan.   :down:
Regardless Bradley gets another year. At some point you have to give it a rest and hope that next season comes to fruition as the OP has alluded to.
Quote:You really are a TRUE fan.   :down:

Anyone left in teal and black at this point would more aptly be called a saint.

We came into the the season as the laughingstocks of the NFL. We leave the year having solidified our position.

Sorry, sick of the suck.
Secondary is terrible.

Oline is awful.

Special team is the worst.
Sick of the suck?  Wow....So, we were supposed to completely rebuild our roster and expect rookies to play like seasoned veterans?  Well, welcome to Realism 101... Please take a seat open your book to page 2.

This team goes as Bortles does. We are in games when he does things at a competent level. I've seen everything I've wanted to see. Even in the first Titans game, he led us down the field for a GW that was subsequently blocked. He'll be alright.

Good news-- we showed that we can whip inferior teams.

Bad news-- we currently are superior to 4, maybe 5 teams at the moment
Quote:Disagree.

We went 1-1 against a sorry Titans team with Whitehurst at the helm (and he didn't look bad btw).
Quote:Anyone left in teal and black at this point would more aptly be called a saint.

We came into the the season as the laughingstocks of the NFL. We leave the year having solidified our position.

Sorry, sick of the suck.

But we'll be 4-12 if we can beat a decent Texans team (not going to happen).  That's improvement right?
Our defense since the bye iirc from the stats was like 16th ranked or something(i'd have to go doublecheck the numbers), no one has put up more than 30 on us over the last 5 or so games. Our offense needs time to jell, how many rookies do we have starting again? We have all rookie WR's and an inept veteran who oftentimes can't catch a cold. Give the new offense a full offseason that they didn't have last year. Patience is a virtue. Gene Smith killed this team and Caldwell is slowly reviving it. By god the man got us a draft pick out of blaine gabbert

Quote:Our defense since the bye iirc from the stats was like 16th ranked or something(i'd have to go doublecheck the numbers), no one has put up more than 30 on us over the last 5 or so games. Our offense needs time to jell, how many rookies do we have starting again? We have all rookie WR's and an inept veteran who oftentimes can't catch a cold. Give the new offense a full offseason that they didn't have last year. Patience is a virtue. Gene Smith killed this team and Caldwell is slowly reviving it. By God the man got us a draft pick out of blaine gabbert

No one needs to.  Like David Lamb said on the radio yesterday, the stats are skewed because teams get a 3-0 lead on us and ride it to victory.

I do agree about Caldwell improving the roster.
Quote:No matter how you slice it, 3-12 is a failure, and, an indictment of the 'plan'.

What? So you want a "less successful HC to be a coordinator"? Like the Patriots? the Seahawks? The Broncos? The ...?

And if you think Henne has much to do with Bortles play, good or bad, you are clueless.

And you know - it doesn't matter if you are positive or not. Doesn't change a thing.
Quote:What? So you want a "less successful HC to be a coordinator"? Like the Patriots? the Seahawks? The Broncos? The ...?

And if you think Henne has much to do with Bortles play, good or bad, you are clueless.

And you know - it doesn't matter if you are positive or not. Doesn't change a thing.
Plenty of coaches have not done well as a HC and went back to be a coordinator and did fine (JDR).

Every hire in this world is not perfect.
Pages: 1 2